Food diary - fat allowance per day - help?

Options
If I open my food diary, can someone help me out please - I seem to over my "fat" allowance for food almost every day. Sodium is usally fine, carbs are *mostly* fine though I do go over on those, but it's the fat allowance consistently seems to be over. I have raised the protein allowance manually as I was generally over on that as well. Should I change the others ratio-wise?

I will admit that every Tuesday we do have fish & chips from the chippy - it's a reward after an hour-hour and a half riding lesson, so Tuesdays is usually over!!!

How can I cut it down - can anyone see any major changes I can make (other than losing fish & chips once a week LOL)??

Oh - I try not to "quick add" calories but there's the odd occasion where I have no choice - I was at a meeting yesterday so I have "guesstimated" the calories in lunch as it's v. difficult to break down. I also try and eat back most of my exercise calories though don't always manage it!

Thanks all. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I dont really see anything major....I went back to the 29th March, and you dont seem like you are ever over by very much...on the bright side it seems like it is a lot of good fat, like your salmon :)
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It looks like a lot of your fat comes from fish. Isn't that a good thing?? As fas as other items.... I think your fine, except when you have more than one serving. You should definitely just have one of the things that are higher calorie or fat or carbs. Just my thoughts. Or, you could implement more exercise to allow for the items. Drink more water too!! We are very close to the same goals and starting point! How tall are you?
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Thanks both.

Generally, if I have more than one portion of the higher calorie things, it's kind of to use up spare exercise calories that would otherwise leave me below my 1200 net. Mostly. LOL. I have had a few high calorie moments in the last week or so, most notably with the pavlova I made for mother's day. Not a normal thing!!!

RyonsLions, I started at 153lbs :smile: I am 5ft 6inches. LOL I don't think I can drink anymore water - my mug holds 15.5fl oz and I drink about 6 of those a day plus the odd tea or coffee at night - I shall start leaking if I drink anymore!!! :laugh:

Edit: Thought I'd better point out that on those days where I've had things like spag bol or chicken stir fry for tea, with rice/pasta, those are bulked out with as least 4 servings plus of veg as part of the dish, so that's why there aren't separate servings listed on those days. I'm not really a fruit person but I'm trying and try and have at least one banana and some satsumas a day...