not sure

Options
For some reason I have really fallen off my game!! I log in every day and eat pretty well until about 3 o'clock and then its like I loose total control!! I have not been under my calories or even close in 3 weeks! I have been training for a half marathon so I have been exercising but not eating right! I keep getting down and say "tomorrow is a new day" but then once again it seems to be an epic fail! I'm just not sure what's going on I can't figure why I can't get back on track!!

Does this happen to anyone else??

Replies

• SmartestRat
    Options
    Oh my gosh- it is so hard to keep calories under control when you're training for a race. Those long weekend runs make you just feel like you're STARVING for the rest of the day!

It might be a good time to take a good look at your nutrition. Are you eating a good meal with lots of protein and some complex carbs right after your run? This will help to repair your muscles and your body won't so desperately seek nutrients for the rest of the day. And check to see if your body has enough of a balance of protein, fat, and carbs throughout the day. You need all three, especially when running. Carbs are important, but don't underestimate the importance of protein as well. There is no room for junk food on a daily basis.

Are you getting enough sleep? Sometimes our bodies try to seek out food to recover if we aren't getting adequate rest.

I hope some of this helps! Have fun at your race! When is it?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't eating enough since you are training for this marathon or what you are eating earlier in the day isn't solid enough to hold you...or tasty enough to satisfy you. So maybe its time to revamp your diary maybe???
  • KrystyS
    KrystyS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have been running alot and your body is probably telling you that it needs more calories. You are doing good, don't let yourself get down.