Hi! Im Misty

Options
Hey! I am new to MFP. I enjoy what it looks like so far! Good, Positive and Organized! All good things I use the computer and my iphone and ipad! Love it!
i am an xray tech, working as a Dental Assistant for Oneonta Job Corp. We have a center weight management program, and i am part of the group that runs it. the irony of that way way to much for me. How can I possibly help run a weight loss program at 300 + lbs? Rediculous, but true. I have come to the conclusion, that I am given an excelent opportunity here.. I can LEAD BY EXAMPLE. I have started to track my eating, more a bit more, and journal. I am not committed to any one "diet" Right now i am just becoming aware. that is eye opening enough.
The first night of my watchful eating, I say down and ate 8 oatmeal cookies, and a serbet ice cream cone, and then finished my sons cone, because he didnt want it. I WASNT EVEN HUNGRY, i at it totally without thinking. when i had to write it down, I was amazing. i think I have been eating like this for years.
Well, I am here for a journey... Let see what happens
I am very interested in talking an chatting with poitive insiteful people.

Replies

• krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    Congrats on making the change! You'll love it here;-)
    Feel free to add me, I've found great support here!
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi There

I know exactly were you are coming from, eating just for the sake of it is one of my biggest downfalls, and eating when I am bored in work, but from this site, I have got so much support and useful tips and hints, I sit with plenty of water on my desk and always drink water when I feel like picking at food, it's worked so far :smile:
  • rpalacio
    rpalacio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI MISTY!!! Welcome, welcome!! YOU CAN do this! :smile:
  • sgiacherio
    Options
    Good luck!!! It's not about a diets at all. It's about healthy choices and a healthy lifestyle. Sounds like you have the right frame of mind and that journaling will help you alot. Best of luck. You can do it!
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Welcome Misty!!! :flowerforyou:

You can do this!!!! MFP is a wonderful sight full of support, motivation and tips!! But, the best part is all of the amazing people that you will meet here!!! Feel free to add me if you like! :drinker:
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Welcome Misty & Congrats on taking the first step to a healthier lifestyle. I can totally relate to what you said about eating for no reason except to be eating. . .that is my biggest problem too. I've found that when I am eating healthy and tracking it, I have to actually remind myself to eat sometimes because I won't really be hungry but need to get the calories & nutrients to keep my energy up. But when I'm not eating healthy I go around eating everything and saying I'm hungry ALL the time! But anyways, sorry I just started rambling about me. You can so totally do this, just use the Food Diary for every bite that goes into your mouth and try to keep within your calorie range at least most days and you'll never have to follow any "diet plan". . .you can eat the same thing everyone else eats but you'll find yourself reaching for healthier items & more veggies, etc so you can stay within your calorie range! I love this site! :bigsmile: Best of luck & much success to you!! :flowerforyou:

P.S. If there is one piece of advice from my own experience & not just this time around that I can give anyone on this journey it's make sure you drink your WATER!!! :drinker:
  • hairspray74
    Options
    welcome to mfp, you'll love it here! get lots of friends, in my opinion the more the merrier, and the more support, inspiration, and encouragement you'll get! I've done lots and lots of diets but never counted calories before and this is the key to success! good luck and you or anyone can add me if you like!
  • paschtat85
    Options
    Hi Misty ~

WELCOME! I can so relate to what you said. I start April 1st (1 week ago) and weighed in today...7 lbs lost...YAHOO! Never could I have thought I could lose weight with an underactive thyroid....and my eating habits. I like food - plain and simple...and ate when happy, sad, stressed - you name it. Now that I log my food, it is amazing to see ALL that I was eating. In one week my inner voice is saying...."Do you really want all that?" and yes, sometimes I do...so then I plan around that meal and exercise.
    Would love to have you add me as a friend - We can go through this weight loss journey together.