Will you still track once you reach goal?

Options

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I will still track until I am completely confident I know what I can and can't eat etc. I do pretty well on my own anyway, but want to learn enough that I am set up for life without having to track for the rest of my life.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I plan too.
    I've been so un focused the past week but despite not being that 'good' I still logged. Least I can hold myself accountable for a lack of weight loss etc and see where I can cut back x
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yes! it's probably going to take me about a year to reach my goal weight, so i imagine most of my weight gaining habits will have changed, but to be sure, i plan to continue tracking for at least another year after that just to really make sure i'm on the right path.
  • Em28wxm
    Em28wxm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Definately!! this has got to be a way of life for me now as ive spent my life yo-yo'ing with my weight and dont want that to happen again!!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Most definitely!! It will continue to keep me accountable, plus I really enjoy tracking everything!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I plan to continue tracking after I reach my goal.
    I really don't ever want to go through this again.
    And I don't want to be fat...ever...again.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I reached goal in January 2004.

The times since then that I didn't track, I did gain around ten or so pounds back.

For me tracking is key. It will be lifetime for me.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Why give up tracing once you reach a goal. I will still track, need to make sure I am eating healthy...keep a healthy mind and body.
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I definitely hope I continue to track. I think that its important for anyone, regardless of weight, to know exactly what you're putting in your body!
  • cookiesrgood15
    cookiesrgood15 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i still track even though i really am not looking to lose too much weight and i know i will continue to track!! it's nice to be able to track your calories/exercises!! :D
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes I plan on still tracking.
  • green_king
    green_king Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I still track to make sure I stay at my goal
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    Yes!!! I have tracked for years when I diet, but I think I will make it a routine, it really is fun to do it and not time consuming. I print my entries and will look back after I have logged for a year ;)
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yessssss
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi! I reached my goal a few weeks ago and still track food & exercise, this is an excellent tool. I maintain my weight by doing this and most of all track my nutritional intake, particularly protein, calcium & iron.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I've been on maintenance since November but I still track every day. It keeps me accountable and after nearly a year of tracking while losing, it is such a habit and I love the support I get on MFP!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'll still track calories, fat, fiber, sodium (especially sodium) and cholesterol.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off. When ever I go off, I gain about 10 lbs. It's not bad, but when I track, I am more aware of what I am eating. It's so easy to forget that you had something at the office, or ate a couple of chocolates while in your boss's office, or whatever. And, even if you're really good, I find without tracking, you tend to gain a little.

I also have discovered that I can never really go on maintenance. I bounce about 5 lbs all the time at where I'm at. And, I may dip down and hit my goal for a while, but then I go back up 3 lbs. It's like a constant battle to hit and stay at my goal. So, I just figure I'll be doing this forever.

But, my weight is great, and my BMI is 24, and I'm healthy and feel good so the small weight bounces don't bother me. But, it's still a battle to maintain.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking (not all on here, obviously) for 4 years. Just another part of my day :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i will. when i reach my goal i am going to start focusing on adding muscle mass.