New Here

Options
Hello,
My name is Monica and I just found this site today when I went for my weigh in. I have been seeing a DR. for 8 weeks now and I have lost 27.8 pounds since I started seeing him. I was 263 pounds in April of 2007, that is when my dr said I needed to lose 10 pounds, because my blood pressure was up. I started to lose the weight and when I lost the 10 I was like I am going to keep going. I have kept going but I hit a slump, so that is when I talked to my boss and she told me about a DR. she had been seeing and she losty 40 pounds. So I went to see him and I am very happy. When I started seeing him I was 239.8 pounds. I am now 212. I am 5'9 so I can weigh more than some people can, but I want to better my looks for me. I was a size 24 and now I am down to a 16. I need to keep going. I am very excited about this site. I hope to be able to meet people that are doing the same as me and can help support me and I can return the favor and support them too..

Good Luck to everyone,
Monica

Replies

• monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Monica and I just found this site today when I went for my weigh in. I have been seeing a DR. for 8 weeks now and I have lost 27.8 pounds since I started seeing him. I was 263 pounds in April of 2007, that is when my dr said I needed to lose 10 pounds, because my blood pressure was up. I started to lose the weight and when I lost the 10 I was like I am going to keep going. I have kept going but I hit a slump, so that is when I talked to my boss and she told me about a DR. she had been seeing and she losty 40 pounds. So I went to see him and I am very happy. When I started seeing him I was 239.8 pounds. I am now 212. I am 5'9 so I can weigh more than some people can, but I want to better my looks for me. I was a size 24 and now I am down to a 16. I need to keep going. I am very excited about this site. I hope to be able to meet people that are doing the same as me and can help support me and I can return the favor and support them too..

Good Luck to everyone,
    Monica
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, CONGRATULATIONS on what you've already lost Monica! NICE! GREAT JOB!
    Welcome to the best site on the web! You WILL lose the weight that you want to here, and, it'll be fun doing it! Sounds hard to believe, huh?! But I'm serious! This place, and all the wonderfully supportive people have made all the difference in my life, and in lots of other's lives too I'm sure!
    I will suggest that you read all of the "newbie" info you see on the message boards, and also that you log your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, since it tends to lead to better food choices.
    I have a thyroid problem, and never thought that I'd be able to lose much, if anything. But, I'm now down 26 pounds, and have sooooo much more self confidence in myself now! I know you'll feel the same way once you get as addicted to this site and the rest of us are!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Congrats on you weight loss so far. Keep it up.
  • monica5237
    Options
    Thank you for those words of encouragement. I will be looking everyday at this site and the food diary is the best thing for me I have been keeping one for about 2 months now and I do write it down first it has helped sometimes I just don't even eat what i have wrote down :) It will look good till i see it on paper.
  • monica5237
    Options
    Thank you. so much Good luck to you too!!!!