Guess I'll Try Again

DaDivaDSTnee
DaDivaDSTnee Posts: 5
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! My name is Malorie and I reside in Memphis, TN. I'm a 25 year old Scorpio with a TON of weight to loose and I don't know how to do it. I'm going to give this a try and see how it works out for me. I'm currently 512 pounds and I'm sick of living life in a bubble. I don't know how but I must loose some weight and I gotta do it pronto. I have really bad arthritis and it hurts for me to do really really strenuous work so any tips on what I could do to loose some pounds would be helpful. Good to meet everyone and hope to see you around the boards!! :smile: :wink:

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Welcome! If you have access to a place with a pool, swimming is very easy on your joints, but awesome exercise! Stationary bikes are also good. Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck to you!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    With a little help, I think you can reach your goal! Id love to be a part of your journey!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    walk in the grass or somewhere soft, plus like was said swimming
  • kps1104
    kps1104 Posts: 58
    first off welcome! you will find great friends here and great advice! What I did to start was to take this site seriously, log in your calorie intake and exercise everyday, and it will work! For me, I cut out carbs at night. I can have them during the day but not at night. I do zumba 3 x's a week and I have started up getting on the treadmill again. This helps out tremendously :) If you think with your arthritis you can manage to walk 30 min- an hr do it...little by little and you will get there :)

good luck on your journey! feel free to add me to your friends list! we can at least keep each other motivated :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Welcome Malrorie! You have already made the toughest decision- to lose the weight in the first place. Now set 20/30 lb goals for your self and ONLY focus on that. Don't try to make too many changes or you will get frustrated so try just sticking to your calorie allotment and exercising (swimming is good on the joints and even walking is a great start) for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week. Starting slow will allow you to slowly develop healthy habits that will make gaining the weight back less likely. Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    You've made a great first step to join here and ask for help.

Input all food into the diaries on here and see where you fall calorie-wise. I'd say that a restrictive diet would help to start you out.

Really, any movement would be good. Do what you can and it'll help. Work yourself up to other activities.

Set goals (reachable goals) for yourself to keep you motivated.

Good luck on your journey and I hope that you find a lot of useful information and motivation on here to help you achieve your goals.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    This is a great first step! Take 5 lbs at a time- give yourself non food rewards each time you lose 5-10lbs. stick around positive people who will support you. Find out why you have been living in a bubble. I was over 300lbs at one time, and still struggle with food addiction. If that's your problem, maybe you can get some emotional help too through this. I was able to get rid of diabetes- and I've had a lot of things that have put back 40lbs back on my body- so while I am still not diabetic again, I am fighting for my life. You can start slow- even if you just walk 5 minutes a day. or 10, listen to music, enjoy your life, enjoy every step towards wellness. Do not look at this as a negative thing or a diet- look at it as a journey- where you will have a new life, new health, and great times to come! :) Maybe what you can do is to do any aqua exercises too. But start slowly, take small steps, talk to yourself like you would a best friend and know that you're worth it- and feel free to add me. I am 42, from Philadelphia , PA and never have have too many friends! :)
    Make a list of why you want to lose weight- make a list of your short term and long term goals and write it down, share it with a trusted friend/accountability buddy, and come back here daily for support. Don't just give this a TRY- when people use the word TRY, they have an out. For example, if a friend invites you over, and you say "I will TRY." It means you won't do your best to get there and gives you an out. Make sure that you are committed. ANY clothes that get big on you- GIVE THEM TO GOOD WILL!!!! Don't look back. Don't tell people you're on a diet- just tell them you're living healthy now! :) Let me know how you're doing!
  • uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    swimming is nice and easy on the joints. Walking is good to, i know with the arthritis it might be difficult. Try walking 5-10 2 or 3 times a day and gradually build up your stamina.
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Welcome!
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. Set small goals to work towards a big goal. Remember you didn't put the weight on overnight, it won't come off over night. Slow and steady wins the race! I agree with pp's about the pool, bike, or even elliptical. Also walking! Just start a little at a time, you will be amazed at the results. Youo can do this, 90% of it is mind over matter! Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Thanks for sharing your story. I found that seeing the numbers really helped me, and I hope it helps you as well. You won't find a better place for encouragement or support. Plus, everyone here recognizes and appreciates how difficult the struggle really is.
  • MissDwood
    MissDwood Posts: 108 Member
    welcome!!! This is an awesome place to get the support you need!! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Thank you all so very much...you've really touched me...
This discussion has been closed.