Week 2: Diet, Exercise and Weight Concern, halp?

Options
Sigra
Sigra Posts: 374 Member
Started on March 28th, and at first I wasn't tracking my food logs so well because I didn't yet have time to go shopping for food to stuff in my fridge. But I did keep up with my exercises. The first few days I most likely went over in Calories by a little bit.

The first week I lost a steady 4lbs, but this week - everything is the same, and I gained 2lbs back without losing anything. It's getting a little frustrating, I'd even be happy to see a .1 difference!

All my foods that I eat I slowly spread them out over the day so that my body has time to burn it properly. - I exercise daily, on the days I don't put exercise in my journal it normally means I did shopping/housework that day for 30~mins give or take.

I've tried to eat every single calorie back that I burn, but I really can't, I do my best to stay full through out the day without exploding. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can change? My Food Diary should be open to the public!

Replies

• Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It could just be turning fat to muscles. I gained 2 pounds last week and saw a 4 pound loss this week as I being starting over. Good Luck. I saw that your a g33k type as well I recently bought a balance disc for my chair. Its like sitting on a exercise ball all day. I'm going on day 3 of loving it. It makes me keep moving in my chair. alot of people use balls but this draws less attention to me. So I'm all for it.
  • elainio
    elainio Posts: 77
    Options
    I think that after only 2 weeks it is too early to change anything up.

The loss after week one would be mainly water weight probably. Over all you have lost 2lbs in 2 weeks which is a good steady speed to lose weight at. I would stick to your calorie allowance and exercise for at least another 2 weeks before making any drastic changes. Check that your sodium level is not sky high and also drink plenty of water.

E
  • papercoyote
    Options
    When you exercise, you damage your muscles. This is why your muscles hurt after a workout, and also why they eventually get bigger--as they repair themselves, they grow!

But as a result, your body's like, "wtf I need more water and calories!". It'll get over it, don't worry. It's just going through a bit of a shock right now. Just keep at it, drink lots of water, and you'll get there!