Anyone else do this?

Options
I pick a dvd I want to do and log the exercise before I do it...then I tell myself well u just logged it now u have to do. It actually motivates me...i usually do it within a few minutes of logging it.

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I log during work and that FORCES me to go to the gym after work.
  • nikkigiesige
    Options
    Well I dont do it with exercise...but I do it with my dinner. If I know what I am planning on cooking for dinner I will enter my portions before I go and work out so I know how much I need to burn and At dinner I know when i need to stop! So yes it is a great modivation entering data before hand!!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I log it to see the benefit of it before I hit the gym then keep that thought in mind when the workout get tough.
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Not with the work out (I get up at 5:30am to get it in) but I do it with my food diary. Helps me avoid eating "just a little of this won't hurt" kinds of things. When I have my meals planned out, I don't have to worry about making choices I will regret.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    How do you know how many calories you burned or how long you will do it? Do you go back and change it after wards? For instance, if I plan to run 6 miles, but just am not feeling it - I may turn back at 3 - or may plan 3 feel great and keep going for 6, it's a world of difference.

I'lll do it for a meal if I know that is what I've already made - like when I bring my lunch to the office. But other than that - I use my Ipod app to log it in immediately after the fact and download it once a day.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time. I usually put the minimun of what I want to do for instance. Today I will do the Leslie 12 min. mile DVD for at least 2 miles. If I do three I go back and add more.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I log my food and exercise ahead of time because I am a compulsive planner. It's not so much a motivating thing for me anymore. At this point, exercise and eating right are habitual for me (though it took me years to be able to say that!). I do, however, go back and update my logs if something changes with my meals or workout.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I wait until the morning to log the exercise from the previous day.

I do, however, log in my food for the day, first thing in the morning. Helps me plan my calories more effectivley. I've been losing weight much more rapidly since I started doing this.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I usually log my food early, but not exercise. It sounds silly, but I love sitting at the computer after a good workout and entering the info. Since I enter my food early, and I see I only have 72 cals left for the day, i love to enter the exercise and see I now have 400 cals left. I know it sounds silly but I am a little CDO (OCD in alphabetical order) :wink:
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    I always log my food (as much as possible) the day before and log the exercise before I do it to see how much I need to do and for how long!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I use an HRM so I don't log my exercise before I work out....it's never the same as what MFP gives me.
    I do try to log my food in the morning before I start my day. I take the laptop into the kitchen with me while I'm eating breakfast. I will then proceed to log everything for the day as I sit there. lol It doesn't always happen like this but when I do it, I feel like I'm on top of things and have a great day.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I do that with my water!
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't do it with exercise but will do it before I eat my food, sometimes that convinces me that something 'costs' too much calorie-wise and I'll eat less or something else all together. Glad that it's working for motivation - for me, with exercise, I have a calendar that I check off with a red marker when I exercise and tell myself 'if today doesn't have a checkmark it's going to bug you, get it done so you can mark it off' :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I do!
    I always plan my meals and exercise the day before so I can see the benefit and then be less tempted to slack off.