Please Do Not Be Offend!

Options
Hope my words do not offend, but have you ever had a friend like Ed Bundy, who goes on all day and night about how great he was in Highschool...

So I asked him....Time to stop living in the past. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but no one really wants to hear about your "glory days", so please stop with your "I used to be..." stories. Everyone has moments they are proud of, but life doesn't end there. It's what you are doing now thats important...and what you will do from this point forward is what will define you.

Are you best days behind you or ahead of you...decision time. :happy:

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Love this! It's totally ok to reminisce about your glory days, but you surely can't live there :)
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My best day is everyday I wake up alive to see my beautiful daughter and loving husband! My best days are NOW!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    At first I thought you meant Ted Bundy and I was confused.

I agree with you, though. People who think the best part of life happened before they turned 18 are kind of sad. There is nothing wrong with nostalgia, but there is still so much ahead that you should focus on.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Ugh I understand. I a friend on facebook I had to hide because I was really tired of reading how wonderful she thinks she is, how intelligent, beautiful, etc.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Is it Al Bundy? Anyway...maybe what defined him (in his mind) was his past...maybe he feels that HIS time has passed. I know people who live in the past, AND others that live in the Future (what I'm gonna do...) How many people actually plan for the future but live in the PRESENT...That's some serious Multi-tasking!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Ugh I understand. I a friend on facebook I had to hide because I was really tired of reading how wonderful she thinks she is, how intelligent, beautiful, etc.

That is so sad! You know she is probably the most mixed up, insecure person. Or the biggest Narcissis you have ever come across! :noway:
  • Dave59
    Dave59 Posts: 28
    Options
    Back in high school I was a good cross country runner. If I could run those speeds now I would do great in the local 5k races. :wink:
  • ImBabyBunny
    Options
    This is so true! Let's have our best days in front of us! :)
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    My best days r now with my wonderful family!!! Good post!!!:flowerforyou:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite. :)

I definitely am planning for the future, and WHEN I meet those plans, life will be better than it ever has been for me!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    When I was in High School I used to know a guy like that.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    back in high school i was a pot head, so my glory days are NOW!!! lol. I agree though, its annoying. I have a friend like that too.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    That is like the saying " The Older I Get The Better I Was" !!!!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Heather75 935088_7094_thumb

Joined Apr 2010

Fri 04/08/11 09:35 AM
    At first I thought you meant Ted Bundy and I was confused.

ha, ha, ha,,,,,,,that just made me laugh out loud!
  • mdickhaut
    mdickhaut Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree! It's so annoying, and it's pathetic if your "glory days" are high school! I don't understand why that short time period means so much to a lot of people.
  • BobL436
    BobL436 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite. :)

I definitely am planning for the future, and WHEN I meet those plans, life will be better than it ever has been for me!

LOL....If coach would have put me in the fourth quarter, I know we would have won state!
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I was in High School I used to know a guy like that.

HAHA RoadDog you always make me laugh!:laugh:
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    I agree! It's so annoying, and it's pathetic if your "glory days" are high school! I don't understand why that short time period means so much to a lot of people.

I know right??
    And truth be told, they probably were not nearly as cool as they think they were. Have you ever looked a high school kid and thought "if only I could be as awesome as you"? I know I haven't.

This is one of the reasons I'm glad I have a pretty bad memory. Every day is fresh and new :drinker:
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    he shouldn't be offended, he should actually thank you!