why why why

why do i do everything right and lose 20 pounds then nothing !!! the last 4 weeks sux!!

Replies

• why do i do everything right and lose 20 pounds then nothing !!! the last 4 weeks sux!!
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Please please dont give up. It is a struggle I totally agree. Just keep at it and work hard at it :-)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Please please dont give up. It is a struggle I totally agree. Just keep at it and work hard at it :-)

I totally agree! DON'T give up! Keep drinking plenty of water, watching your numbers, and exercising, and it WILL happen, you WILL lose!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    it's called a plateau, your body has more than likely grown accustomed to your routine and as a survival mechanism it has become more efficient at trying to hold onto stored fat for possible survival mode.

You should change up your cardio routine and your calories. YOu may actually need to eat a few more calories a day at this point. Increase your cardio by 20% (so if you do 30 min you need to do 36) it will take about 2 weeks of a changed routine to finally bust through. As you get closer to your goal weight you will need to look at your calorie intake for future maintenance. I find that I get more calories about every 10-15 lbs.

This is a good sign that you have been consistent in your efforts but now you have to tell your body to stop surviving and get healthier!
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    why do i do everything right and lose 20 pounds then nothing !!! the last 4 weeks sux!!

Yes, it sucks, I have been stuck for the last month as well. BUT don't give up, your body will bust throught this plateau.:happy: :tongue: :tongue: