That was then, this is now!

Options
I used to think that stress was the only way that I could lose weight. When my brother died in 2006, I lost 30+ pounds. I didn't eat for a solid 2 weeks, nor did I sleep. As time moved on, I gained back the 30 pounds plus some. In 2010, while I was going through my divorce I lost 20+ pounds. Again, I wasn't eating. In the year and half since my divorce, I have gained almost 40 pounds!

Thanks to MFP, I know that I can do this. I have the right tools and all of the support that I need. I've lost 8.4 pounds since joining on March 29th, 2011. I still have a long way to go, but I'm just going to enjoy the journey, knowing that getting to my goal weight is going to be the best feeling ever!

Thanks to everyone for their support!

Replies

• Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, i can guarantee you will get all the support you need from MFP.
  • vmpaixao
    vmpaixao Posts: 3
    Options
    I totally agree! I have always lost the weight the wrong way either I was stressed about something and not eaten and have gained the weight back. Im also going thru a divorce and gained 40 pds of comfort weight! Now that Ive been doing mfp I feel like I can actually get a piece of me back in a smaller version!
  • Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You lost 8.4 pounds in 10 days? That's great, but apart from not making weight loss dependent from stress, you could consider if you could slow down loosing and gaining for sustainable results? Just something to think about.
  • Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    oops. :0
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about that,. I lost 10lbs in my first week, it's all water weight at first!
  • hchandler0823
    hchandler0823 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Almost 10 pounds in 10 days, yes. But the thing is, I am eating most of my calories! At the end of the day I usually have 200-400 calories left over. Suggestions? I know that the bigger you are, the more you will lose at first. Could that be it?