Over on carbs already

Options
Wow this drives me crazy:angry: I love to eat fresh fruit and it seem like when a I have a apple and a banana it puts me over on my carbs. How bad are the carbs you get from fresh fruit?

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go over, I put in a good workout.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Most people say to not worry too much if you go over on carbs because of fresh fruit.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    What are you daily totals?
    cals carbs fat protein.......

I would adjust my carbs a little higher. Definately don't want to skimp on the fruits and veggies.
    As long as you're staying close to your macros and ending up where you need to be calorie wise, you should be fine.
    Take 5 percent from your fats and add it to carbs maybe.
    I'm at 40/35/25 carbs/protein/fat and that seems to be working well for me.
  • tonymm
    tonymm Posts: 2
    Options
    Everything I've read says carbs from fresh fruit are good for you. If you're moderately active and stay under your calories for the day you should be ok.
  • trhonda2011
    Options
    The carbs aren't actually bad, just use them. :) Carbs are pretty much the first thing our body uses for energy when working out so do a quick activity to counteract. Of course MFP won't register it, but your body will. :) I would take fruit carbs over processed food carbs. For instance, a snack cookie I eat has 18g of carbs and the freaking cookie is only 1oz! If I were to eat 20 grapes, I would get the same amount of carbs but would probably be more satisfied. :)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    strawberries r low, also plums :smile:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    If you are already over on your carbs just from eating 2 pieces of fruit, you may need to adjust your carb percentage.

I have PCOS, so even though fruit is health food, I still cannot have too much of it. I need to watch my carbs and sugars. Though, I am finding it hard to get enough fiber when I don't eat at least 2 pcs of fruit a day.