1200 calolories eek!

noemihogan06
noemihogan06 Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I am excited about this web site but I put in the weight ai wanted to lose on my profile and it recommended 1200 a day does anyone doing about 1400 a day and was able to suceed.

Replies

• I am excited about this web site but I put in the weight ai wanted to lose on my profile and it recommended 1200 a day does anyone doing about 1400 a day and was able to suceed.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    go back and select a smaller rate of loss. You're looking at wanting to lose about 1/2 to 1 pound a week max given the small amount you have to lose.

And, yes, there are plenty on here losing and eating more than that. As long as you stay under the amount needed to maintain your weight according to your age, sex, and activity level, you will lose weight.

And, welcome!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Welcome! Don't forget that you're supposed to eat your exercise calories, too!
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    1200 is not that bad of a number, I thought the same thing when my dr told me 1200 i was scared i could not do it but I have found that it is not that hard i have about 300 for breakfast and 300 for lunch and then the rest of my calories i can have at dinner so i can have double for dinner than I do for my other meals. It really has worked for me.

Good luck to you,
    Monica
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    1200 is not that bad of a number, I thought the same thing when my dr told me 1200 i was scared i could not do it but I have found that it is not that hard i have about 300 for breakfast and 300 for lunch and then the rest of my calories i can have at dinner so i can have double for dinner than I do for my other meals. It really has worked for me.

Good luck to you,
    Monica
    Right, and DON'T FORGET that the more you exercise, the higher your daily totals will be!
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    I felt the same way and had to readjust my weight goals. Of course, I want everything immediately, but I was bordering on starvation and eating everything in site. I know physically I can not maintain any sanity on that low calorie count. :noway:
  • shorerider
    I felt the same way and had to readjust my weight goals. Of course, I want everything immediately, but I was bordering on starvation and eating everything in site. I know physically I can not maintain any sanity on that low calorie count. :noway:

Nor should you--1200 a day limit is really for those who have more to lose.
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member

Nor should you--1200 a day limit is really for those who have more to lose.

GREAT! You just made my year! :bigsmile:
  • shorerider
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    I DO 1310.. ADAY... IF YOU EXCERSISE YOU CAN EAT SOMEOF THE CALORIES BACK.. SO YOU WILL BE EATING MORE...
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    I DO 1310.. ADAY... IF YOU EXCERSISE YOU CAN EAT SOMEOF THE CALORIES BACK.. SO YOU WILL BE EATING MORE...
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Welcome!

Like you I don't have much to lose. Definitely go for a smaller loss per week goal.

When I tried doing 1200 per day, I stopped losing. Banks post made since to me. I think my body went into starvation mode.

When I set my goal for a smaller loss per week, 1 pound per week, I actually lost 2-3 pounds per week.

Also, definitely eat your exercise calories.

Welcome again and I can't wait to hear all about your success
    -Kechie.
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    A friend of mine is seeing the same dr I am and he put me on 1200 a day since I have so much to lose but she has less to lose than I do so he put her on 1700 a day so as you can see it does change for everyone so you can ask your dr what he/she recomends.
This discussion has been closed.