FITBIT?? anyone use this?

Options
I recently have been introduced to fitbit. I was just wondering if anyone has used this before and do you like it? how does it compare to HRMs or bodybugg?
http://www.fitbit.com/

Replies

• epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use FitBit. I'd suggest you do a bunch of research to figure out what best meets your needs. For me, the FitBit did because I already had an HRM. I'd say the HRM is my #1 fitness tool, but the FItBit is great for me to make sure I'm getting in movement during the day outside of my major workout of the day. It really brings focus to me on how just doing minor things differently effects my calorie burn for the day. I actually don't wear my HRM anymore if I'm walking or jogging on the treadmill because the calorie counts were so close with the FitBit. I do wear it outside or if I'm biking.

BodyBugg, GoWear, etc all have different pros and cons and really it just depends on what you need/want.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    I have a polar F6 and love it. I also use the fitbit. They are pretty close in calories expended. I like the fit bit for the steps and miles but have had fun with the activity score. I feel nnow that I need both. Guess I am a gadget addict as well as exercise addict. Could be worse I guess.
  • Trozendaal
    Options
    bump
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Just ordered one April 5; it shipped 2 days ago. Can't wait to try it out! My HRM is less than stellar, so I'm hoping to get better activity readings from the fitbit.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    thanks :) i would really like the body bugg but i HATE that you have to pay a membership fee for the online tracking. I think for my needs im going to go ahead and go with a polar HRM :)