I'm disabled, And found a good solution ...

Options
Im disabled and cant do alot of exercises...

So what has helped me is Leslie Sansone and The biggest losers, In your home speed walking...

I thought there was nothing I could do to get excercise...

I have back, legs, and feet damage to name a few.. But these workouts I do in my livingroom, At my

pace, And I found them fun.

I hope this could help others...:)

Replies

• harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    YES, it does help!!
    I'm disabled too. I walk outside, use the swiss ball & I am allowed to swim too.
    I just started "Jane Fonda's walk out for seniors" & let me tell you it kicks my butt!!!:tongue:
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I just wanted say that you are both very inspiring. Some people use the disability as a crutch or excuse to not even try.

I am a double amputee, left below knee amputation and right transmetatarsal amputation (thank u uncle sam), and I know it can be difficult sometimes to overocme these obastacles. I applaud you both.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    this post has helped me today, im currently suffering with a leg ulcer, not much you might think but it hurts like hell and sometimes onna bad day i can hardly bear weight on one leg, having a bad day today with it and felt like giving up the exercise altogether, but now i know there are other ways, i knew this already but this post is what i needed to be reminded, thank you so much ♥
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Well talk about inspiration!!!! You my friend are it!!
    ~& your uncle Sam remark, I take it your military... Thank you for your service & for all you have given. :heart:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome attitude. I was stuck in a wheel chair for a while after one of my great ideas turned out not so great, I know how frustrating it is to be restricted that way.
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    My Boyfriend is Parapelegic and he uses the Hand Bike. works great!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    So Inspiring! With an attitude and ambition liket that you can't lose! Thank you for sharing!