What is your favorite veggie side

Options
AngelLittle
AngelLittle Posts: 25 Member
I've been challenged by my trainer to have no carbs in my last meal and to have my healthy carbs earlier in the day. No problem! I'm an oatmeal nut so have that for breakfast then usually something with my lunch but I'm about tired of a meat and veggie or salad for dinner since I make it the EXACT same way every night (hey it's simple and there is no thought required). :)

Plus I'm about 50 calories shy of my 1200 at end of day and would rather go a little over than a little under.

So my question is - What is your favorite veggie side?

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I love to cook up zucchini and cherry tomato's. I just put a drop of olive oil in the pan and they turn out amazing!
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I love a baby spinach salad, with chunks of apple, red and orange peppers, a little bit of chunked cheese and usually a raspbery vinagrette dressing yum.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    Yummy AND pretty!
  • grandpah52
    Options
    how do you prepare the zucchini and tomatoes?
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    On busy nights, my go-to veggie side is a cup of steamed spinach with apple cider vinegar. Or some sliced cukes & onions with lots of pepper and apple cider vinegar. Think I might have one or both with tonight's dinner!
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    zucchini, or eggplant,or you pick the veggies, grilled on the george foreman grill, topped with a tbs. of pesto.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Well i see my favorite grilled Zucchini has already been mentioned...

so i will go with my quick and easy birdseye steam fresh veggies... ANY of them. I love the peas or the broccoli... they come out so good in the steam bag... 5 minutes in the microwave. I never made anything in the microwave but these things made me change my mind.
  • loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    fresh red peppers. grilled asparagus,zucchini in everything, arugula salads(and on sandwiches) and mushrooms(especially baby bellas) and sauteed bok choy with garlic and olive oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love cutting mushrooms in half, suatee them in some low sodium chicken broth and garlic...mmmmm
  • crissi66
    crissi66 Posts: 98
    Options
    I love sauteed french cut string beans with a little chicken stock . not to salty just enough flavor :)
    same goes for broccolli
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    This time of year I usually make boiled/steamed frozen broccoli or green beans (regular or french cut). Every once in a while we'll have corn or broccoli with cheese sauce. In the summer months, I tend to make more salads.
    Something I haven't made for a while but might pick up tonight is broccoli slaw - I don't like it raw as it's a bit too chewy so instead I'll saute it witha bit of garlic and onion in olive oil. Yum!!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Steamed broccoli is my favorite!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    french cut green beens with a tad of olive oil and garlic. Boil all the juice down. YUMMMMY!!!!! :heart: :heart:
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Petit pois lightly crushed with some fresh mint ,or caulifower .
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Asparagus roasted in the oven, with a drizzle of olive oil. YUM.
  • AngelLittle
    Options
    thank you everyone going to try a number of these!!
  • AngelLittle
    Options
    What is Petit pois?
  • AngelLittle
    Options
    What is Petit pois?
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    What is Petit pois?

peas lol
  • Endralo
    Endralo Posts: 8
    Options
    Grilled Asparagus and Onions. Also, cut a cabbage into 4ths, wrap them in tin foil and grill--wowza, it's also a treat with BBQ sauce, or just sea salt and vinegar.