Polar F6 vs F4

Is there a significant advantage of buying a Polar F6 Heart Rate Monitor vs the Polar F4? Just want to see if the extra 20 bucks is worth it. :)

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Is there a significant advantage of buying a Polar F6 Heart Rate Monitor vs the Polar F4? Just want to see if the extra 20 bucks is worth it. :)
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    I bought an F4 and a week later I upgraded. Worth the extra in my opinion!!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    well my friend angie who is tanzamama on this sight... bought the f4.. just last week.. and if very pleased... she said that the only difference is that the f6 has the block thing on it ... if you are excersising with someone else.. it wont read their monitor.. .. but i just received the acumen... EON BASIX PLUS ES... HRM... AND IT WORKSS GREAT... AND HAS THE SAME FEATURES AS THE F4.. I GOT IT OFR 34.99 .. IT WAS 50 PERCENT OFF.. AND FREE SHIPPING... ON AMAZON .COM.. LOVINGGG IT!
  • AndreaMMil
    AndreaMMil Posts: 165
    i have the F6, my neighbor (who i walk with everyday) has the F4. i love mine waaayyy better. easier to use, easier to read, more bells and whistles. for the 20 bucks, go with the F6. you get what you pay for!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    There is more than just avoiding interference from other people's HRMs, the F6 stores the data from past workouts so if you do two workouts in a day and don't have a chance to write down the stats you can still look them both up. It also has a feature that allows you to find out your real max HR and therefore even more accurately account for calories, it gives you a weekly read-out of your workouts and calories and more. And those are just the DIFFERENCES, not just the features.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    i have the F6, my neighbor (who i walk with everyday) has the F4. i love mine waaayyy better. easier to use, easier to read, more bells and whistles. for the 20 bucks, go with the F6. you get what you pay for!

I want one SO bad!!!!! How are you BTW Wanderlust??
  • MiaEllie
    MiaEllie Posts: 84
    I have the F4 and have been using it since November of 2007 and I love it. I'm sure the F6 is great, too. I chose the F4 because I like the style of the red one and its simplicity in general. I don't need the extras.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I am happy with my F4 for now. The only thing I don't like is that I cannot save the info. I have to log it in right away or write it down somewhere so I won't forget...you know, old age :laugh: :laugh: What are the other bells and whistles of the F6?? :flowerforyou: