Question for the ladies...

Options
Does anyone have any good recommendations for underwear to wear while working out? I normally wear a thong, but do not like to wear them when I am working out. I want something that won't ride up and that will wick. I move around a lot in aerobics a lot and need something that will stay put. Thanks for any suggestions.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I think basic cotton bikini type underwear would be best. It doesn't necessarily wick sweat like work out gear does, but then again you want a material that will breathe, so cotton would be best. Also if they cover enough area (not granny panties, but ones that provide enough coverage) they will stay put better.
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Check out Nike and Under Armour...pretty good stuff.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You'll get mixed responses. I wear a thong cuz I don't like the panty lines, some folks don't care. It doesn't move on me when I Zumba and my workout pants wick well.
  • jessdulin
    Options
    victoria secrets micro fiber yogo undies in boy shorts.. anything that fits under the butt cheeks lol under armor makes some .... the micro fiber seems to stay in place better.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Im with Sun....I wear my thong doing my P90 and my yoga and it doesn't bother me......Plus I hate panty lines so....
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm the same - I stick with a cotton thong because I don't like the pant line and have yet to find full coverage that don't ride up when I work out. When I wear my jogging skirts with built in bloomers - I actually go sans underwear......
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love my low rise cotton hipsters and boy shorts. Hanes
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll wear some cotton shorts w/ the built-in liner that are meant to be worn without underwear. Those are the most comfortable because they're form-fitting enough that they wont ride up, so you don't have to worry about wedgies or butt-floss (thongs, LOL).
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I just bought some from Khols and LOVE them!
    By Warners "no wedgie" all day fit! I wear them to play softball and workout :) Wish they were 100% cotton, but they fit well.
    Here's a link
    http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/intimates/panties/shopbybrand/warners/PRD~325667/Warners+All+Day+Fit+No+Wedgies+No+Worries+Bikini+Panty.jsp
  • crystal10584
    Options
    butt-floss (thongs, LOL).

HAHAHA... RIGHT ON!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hanes and Fruit of the Loom have a line of "No Ride Up" underwear. I usually wear the hipster or the boy shorts.

Mizuno (or any other brand) have compression shorts that are meant for just the reason you've explained.
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like boys cut cotton underwear from hanes or fruit of th loom, they don't ride and are super comfy!!
  • Thorneapple
    Thorneapple Posts: 154
    Options
    Just plain ole cotton bikinis work for me.