Good ab exercises?

Options
I do some seated abdominal machines, but mostly I do: 3 sets of 15 crunches while tossing a 4-6 pound ball to my partner, 3 sets of 20 crunches, 3 sets of 15-20 twists from side to side, feet elevated with a 4-6 pound ball. What other exercises could I do? What do you think of the ones I already do? Also, I tried bicycle crunches but I'm not very good at them, I get really out of control, so any advice on those?

Replies

• cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Those are some pretty good workouts. I include captain's chair leg raises, ab wheel roll-outs, and planks.
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Yaraelizabeth10
    Yaraelizabeth10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Zumba abs.. standing up abs as I get dizzy with regular ab workouts..
  • rmoyer243
    rmoyer243 Posts: 23
    Options
    ab wheel and have you used a kettle bell?
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    Pilates. some great core work there... i also do the ab ripper x from p90x. you can find GREAT ab workouts on youtube. just do a search.. easy stuff to follow right at home. mix it up every day so you dont get bored. you tube is great for finding quick clips of differnt exersizes and making your own routine wiithout spending the money!
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    i am feeling like a fool or im missing somehting but i see it on threads and am cluless.. what does BUMP mean?
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    One of the ones that I do work your upper and lower abs...they are called 6 inches. You lay on your back and raise your feet 6 inches off the ground and hold that. Then, you raise your legs straight up and hold (without bending your knees); then, back down to 6 inches. Trust me, you WILL feel it!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Leg lifts - Lay on back with your hands under your lower back for support. Feet and knees together. With legs straight, raise your legs until vertical, and return to about 2 inches from the ground and repeat.

Exercise Ball - Feet about shoulder width apart, lay back on the exercise ball so that your lower back is supported. Cross your hands across your chest and sit up, almost to the full upright position and then back down. When you go down, go as far back as comfortable (and being careful not to roll off the ball - like I've done plenty of times).

Obliques - Lay down, knees bent. Cross left leg over right knee at the ankle. Interlace your fingers behind your head (not neck). Crunch upward while bringing your right elbow to your left knee. It will involve a slight twist in your torso which will help to target your obliques.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    i am feeling like a fool or im missing somehting but i see it on threads and am cluless.. what does BUMP mean?

People BUMP a thread because they have nothing to really say, but by replying it will save the thread under "my topics" so they can come back to it later.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Do you have a bad back? If not then try sit ups.
    If you want to get your obliques....try this lay on the floor cross your legs indian style and then do a sit up and put the opposite arm to the opposite side. So UP, OVER and DOWN and then down again. Or to make it easier just have your legs spread out.
    Try pulse ups for the pouch area. Legs straight up in the air and lift hip
    In p90x there is a roll up v up. Lay down straight do a sit up (try and touch your toes) then when you are coming back down when you get half way raise your legs to a v shape and try and touch your toes again.
    Hope these help :) Oh I do 24 of each of these
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Options
    I don't know what a kettle ball is, can you explain?
  • TennisLoveGirl
    TennisLoveGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options

People BUMP a thread because they have nothing to really say, but by replying it will save the thread under "my topics" so they can come back to it later.

bump is "bring up my post" or in other words.. keeps the thread at the top of the forums :)
  • misslyssx
    Options
    you can find GREAT ab workouts on youtube. just do a search.. easy stuff to follow right at home.
    I almost never work out at home so that would be great for my off gym days. Thanks!
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options

But 'bumping' mainly keeps the thread at the top of the list of topics. So you are 'bumping' the topic back up towards the top of the list.
  • misslyssx
    Options
    If you want to get your obliques....try this lay on the floor cross your legs indian style and then do a sit up and put the opposite arm to the opposite side. So UP, OVER and DOWN and then down again. Or to make it easier just have your legs spread out.

I like the sound of this one, thanks!
  • Annalotte
    Options
    P90x ab ripper and Pilates. I like a streaming one off netflix- "10 minute solutions- pilates" The 10 minute ab work out is killer! And I always try to tell myself- I have 10 minutes! I can do it! Also- ab ripper is only 15 minutes. Planks are great too.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    A kettlebell is a heavy chunk of pig iron with a built in handle. It's in the shape of a ball and you can do a number of exercises with them. Google Kettlebell, or do a youtube search. There's a TON of info on them.
  • lisa4131
    lisa4131 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    time warner cable has excersise free on demand they have some really good and fun excersise's for just about everyone and every part of your body i love it !!!!!