crackers

Luna001
Luna001 Posts: 9
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Hello

are white crackers really bad when trying to lose weight, should I just avoid them completely?

Replies

• misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Crackers aren't the healthiest. They are usually high in sodium, carbs, and fat. But I usually have 5 crackers of Ritz a day. It doesn't hurt and they are yummy. But if you need to avoid the carbs, you might want to pass them up.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Saltines are like nearly 15 calories per cracker. It's not about what you eat but how much you eat. Going out for pizza is perfectly healthy. That doesn't mean you can eat 4 slices at 450 cals a slice either if your goal is losing or maintaining your healthy size.
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    they arent THAT bad. i eat animal crackers everyday since theres 120 calories per serving, which is 13 crackers. its really filling and its organic :)
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    I eat crackers as a snack with a wedge of laughing cow cheese pretty regularly, but I don't tend to eat white crackers. I eat reduced fat wheat thins or triscuits or multigrain crackers, depending on what was on sale that week. I think it is just important to pay attention to portion control. Its easy to sit down with a box of wheat thins and snack on 40 crackers, when a serving size is 16. I just take out the serving and put it on a plate and spread cheese on each one. One of the biggest differences in my eating now is that I never eat out of a box directly.
This discussion has been closed.