Not Polar... but how about Suunto?

Options
Ileanak
Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
I won a "door prize" at my triathlon last Sunday. A Suunto T1 heart rate monitor. It is the base of the line. I did some research online and found out that the T3 has a computer interface option. So I called the Tri sports store that promoted the race and asked if they would allow me to turn the unopened one in and pay for the upgrade to a T3. They didn't sell T1's but they would allow me to trade it in for an upgrade cost for one of their "trainer tested" T3's (not eniterly shure what that means) for $50. Not too bad I thought... then I went on line to find out the cost for the PC interface..... an extra $90! Ok, so now I am asking you all....

If any of you have a Suunto T3..
1. Is it worth the difference from the T1?
2. Do you have the interface? and is it a good program?
3. If you have both the T3 and the computer interface, do you thing it is worth the $140 I would have to spend?

OR... should I save my money for something else down the road?

HELP!

Replies

• Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I won a "door prize" at my triathlon last Sunday. A Suunto T1 heart rate monitor. It is the base of the line. I did some research online and found out that the T3 has a computer interface option. So I called the Tri sports store that promoted the race and asked if they would allow me to turn the unopened one in and pay for the upgrade to a T3. They didn't sell T1's but they would allow me to trade it in for an upgrade cost for one of their "trainer tested" T3's (not eniterly shure what that means) for $50. Not too bad I thought... then I went on line to find out the cost for the PC interface..... an extra $90! Ok, so now I am asking you all....

If any of you have a Suunto T3..
    1. Is it worth the difference from the T1?
    2. Do you have the interface? and is it a good program?
    3. If you have both the T3 and the computer interface, do you thing it is worth the $140 I would have to spend?

OR... should I save my money for something else down the road?

HELP!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i just received this morning....FROM AMAZON .COM..... WHEN I LOOKED UP.. F4AND F6 I FOUND THIS ONE... AND I LOVE IT.. IT HAS EVERYTHING THE F4 HAS........ITS THE.. Acumen EON Basix PLUS ES.. it is normally... 75.99... but i got it at 50 percent off at 34.99.. free shipping .. so that all i paid.. i love it... it has soo many features.. including a watch and the light... i couldnt beleive it... i really did get more then i paid for.... it even came with an extra watch band....LOVING IT !!!