How to zig zag cals properly/caloric cycling properly

Options

Replies

• nereyda08
    nereyda08 Posts: 39
    Options
    to make it simpler put the info into this calculator: http://www.naturalphysiques.com/64/zig-zag-calculator-for-fat-loss-andor-muscle-gain the results are net calories, so on your home page after you put in your food and exercise at the end of the day that number should = your net calories. I am at a lower bodyfat so I have had to alter my numbers from what was originally posted to reflect that, the 800 deficit on days 1 and 2 was for me not necessarily for all.

So regardless of exercise. The net calories is what my total caloric intake should be, right?
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm still a bit confused as to how to calculate this :/

My prior 2lbs per week goal was 1200 calories. Now set to 1lb per week it is 1320. My maintainence is 1780.

So is it just:

Day 1,2,4,5,7 - 1200
    and
    Day 3,6 - 1780
    ?

If I ate 1320 every day my weekly calorie intake would be 9240, whereas if I follow the above zig zag it will be 9560. Is that ok/supposed to be where it's at?
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok so I need some help figuring this out...I found out that I should eat 1910 maintenance/1410 Loss/1200 max deficit...

so it should be 1200 day 1 & 2
    Day 3 should be 1910????

When I put the information in the zig-zag calculator it comes up with more calories but I'm assuming that's just because it's a little different then MFP. Also the 1200 calories on Day 1&2, can I eat my exercise calories then on top of that 1200 or I should just eat the 1200???? Sorry I'm confused!!!

Thanks!!!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    saving
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump, very interesting, it makes me wonder if Im having trouble losing because im not eating enough for all the exercise I get
  • Texasgirl05
    Texasgirl05 Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks thats great advice!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Bump! Thankx for sharing...I'm going to give this a try! The last 10-15 pounds aren't coming off that easily.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    definitely going to give this a try!!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bump for later:yawn:
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Going to join the bump-fest on this great thread. Thanks.
  • klininger
    klininger Posts: 44
    Options
    Have to try this!
  • FlipThis112
    FlipThis112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sorry to beat a dead horse, but let me understand this.
    According to the Natural Physiques site, for Fat Loss I need 1782 cals. for Sunay, 1944 for Monday, 1620 for Tuesday, etc. Is this the total number of calories consumed regardless of exercise? Do I stil add in exercise calories or just keep with the calorie counts no matter what? I have read and read about this and am still confused (hence the reason I have blonde hair :bigsmile: )