Yucky greek yogurt!!

Options
eryn415
eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
I accidentally grabbed the Safeway brand honey flavor Greek yogurt. I don't know what was Greek about it. It was watery, and had a terrible flavor. Avoid this one, everyone!

Have a great day!!

Replies

• kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i have noticed that not all greek yogerts are the same. Many of them have a little taste to me that reminds me of what dirty hair smells like. The one that i have found that i like the best is the FAGE. It is very thick and creamy. I get the 0% plain, and add splenda. They also have is with the little side of fruit. Yummy.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I bought Greek Yogurt once, but I never tasted it. As soon as I opened the container the smell grossed me out. :sick: I ended up throwing it away. A waste. :grumble:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Agreed, not all brands taste good. I only buy Fage and Chobani, with the occasional Okios thrown in there but didn't like that one as much. Athenos isn't terrible either.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I find the safest bet is to buy the plain and add your own honey, muesli, fruit, whatever you like :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The only brand I have been able to eat is Chobani, the Yoplait and Dannon ones are Gross
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I accidentally grabbed the Safeway brand honey flavor Greek yogurt. I don't know what was Greek about it. It was watery, and had a terrible flavor. Avoid this one, everyone!

I am so glad I'm not the only one who found it repulsive!!
  • kimdcrary
    Options
    my trainer has me eating it every day...I am starting to like it. :tongue:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I only buy Chobani!
    Tried another brand once, couldn't eat it!!!
    I think it was Voskos or something? BLEH!!!
  • mrwnyc
    mrwnyc Posts: 1
    Options
    I love Fage yogurt! While pricey, I think it's got a great, creamy taste and custard consistency. Even the Fat-Free kind is great.

I recommend buying the larger, plain kind, and adding your own fruit (instead of the syrupy stuff on the bottom).
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I tried putting it in my protein shakes since it's loaded with protein, but I got sick to my stomach everytime I tried to incorporate it into my shakes. My stomach just couldn't tolerate it. :(
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried greek yogurt yet, I'm kinda scared to LOL And I don't quite understand what makes it better than regular yogurt. More protein??
  • booboocraig
    Options
    I buy either sainsbury's or marks and spencers they are lovely and i also use it to make healthy dips
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Its far more healthy the the sugar loaded ones like Yoplait and Dannon. Greek yogurt is yogurt in its most natural form. definately isn't pretty to look at compared to our candy yogurts lol.
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like Athenos Greek Yogurt with Honey or I buy plain Athenos and add Blueberries and Organic Granola .
    Greek Yogurt is one of my favorite treats (less sugar and more protein than regular yogurt :- )
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I get the Chobani and add crushed almonds to it, gives it a nice texture...some of the greek yogurts are terrible though.
    Chobani seems to be the best one I have tried so far.
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I bought "the Greek Gods" honey flavored last weekend at Fry's (Kroger) and it was VERY tasty. I also like the Chobani.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    As far as flavor goes, the absolute best tasting that I've gotten my hands on is full fat Greek Gods. It's delicious. However, I'm more inclined to buy fat free Voskos because it fits in with my nutrition goals better. I always get plain to minimize added sugars. Like someone else said, a little packet of sweetener and it's good to go. A teaspoon of vanilla extract for a cup is pretty good as well. I'll eat Oikos too, but it's a tiny bit sharp.
  • jrlitt76
    jrlitt76 Posts: 52
    Options
    I tried the Dannon vanilla today, it wasnt that bad...much thicker than the Light & fit I love... I could get used to it. I tried another kind weeks ago and like everyone else had a hard time even taking one bite it was that gross....so Im sure the brand and kind matters. I will have to try the Chobani everyone says is good
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i buy the Zoi brand, i like it pretty much a lot :)
  • tarabee04
    Options
    I buy Chobani Vanilla. Greek yogurt good but filled with sugar, many of them have 17g+ but the vanilla is the lowest at 12 or 13. I also like the peach and honey flavors. If they have fruit on the bottom be sure to stir it up.