Two months in but not met anyone

Options
So I joined MFP a little under 2 months ago and started my bodyshaping then. I have been doing great for the first six weeks but the past week I have just not had the, I guess, umph to eat right, go to the gym, or track in my diary. I have still gone to the gym three days this week (usually 5) and take evening walks when the weather perhaps. I have yet to weight myself this week as I don't want to see what I have done after my hard work but am hoping that maybe I need to get some friends and support on here to help me along.

Any help or encouragement would be appreciated! TIA

Replies

• AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hiya, my name is Amy, if there's one thing i'm certain of it's that this website can provide incredible encouragement to motivate you like you never thought possible. Feel free to add me, we can motivate each other :smile:
  • caitlinsmum
    caitlinsmum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend :-)
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You may friend me if you would like. Having encouragement and accountability along the way does help! Stick with it and don't beat yourself up when things go awry. Good luck to you on your journey!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Having friends here makes a huge difference. I couldn't make it through without all the encouragement, education and accountability. Feel free to add me!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hey it sounds like you are off to a great start however; it is important to have friends they help to cheer you on! Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • scopelk
    scopelk Posts: 43
    Options
    add me!!!
  • Tules13
    Tules13 Posts: 16
    Options
    My husband and I both joined this site and it's been an incredible tool for both of us... and the "extra" support has been truly inspirational.. please feel free to friend me and we can be encouragement to each other.....
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend to!
    I will want to be bodyshaping in about another 20 pounds....maybe if I can help motivate you, you can help motivate me!
    Good luck!
    Hang in there!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Just sent a friend request.
  • daytondwellee
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Bob and I understand the problems with consistent dieting, exercise etc. MFP is the only site I have found that really helps me stay on target. Please feel free to friend me!
  • crystaldougherty
    crystaldougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Self motivaion, I've come to realize in my journey, if you don't force it on yourself, well face it you'll NEVER get-r-done so to speak. Wake up in the morning and tell yourself, "I can and WILL do this and whether you like it or not you WON'T stop me" Sounds cheesy I know BUT I do it, I went into hibernation mode this winter, and well its been hell, litterally trying to get my body going again, although I've been more self motivated now than before. It also helps if you have a friend or family member that is willing to be your support partner, but you don't really need that, you just need to tell yourself that you can and will do it, and don't just say it, DO-IT! Don't be ashamed of seeing your results, who knows you probably did better than you expected. Weighing should be done first thing in the morning, before that coffee or tea or what not. and after your results treat yourself to a little treat or something that you'll be proud of.
  • carolrayes
    carolrayes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing it? Refresh your memory as to why you actually want to lose weight and keep it in mind while you exercise.
    I agree - having support on here is also great and keeps you going but you really need to understand why you want it so bad!
  • JimHeid
    JimHeid Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My wife and I joined in December. I don't think its an easy road to follow without someone tracking with you. So get your husband on board! Or at least take all these people up on the friend offers. You can friend me too. We're all in this together!
  • rhalse
    rhalse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to have friends too - to encourage each other. I have been on MFP for less than a month. I think it will take some focus to keep with it. My biggest problem is food. If I don't log in my food then I just start eating whatever. This is really helping me focus on eating right.
  • Mardeu
    Mardeu Posts: 3
    Options
    feel free to add me too. I love having friends that is going through the same as me and i love the encouragement on this site too. Lots of info as well
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! Friends really help to keep motivated and on track. Feel free to add me if you would like. :-)
  • nissafull
    nissafull Posts: 48
    Options
    Add me... I have been with MFP for a couple of weeks.. I am resuming my journey after resting on my laurels that I had lost 91 lbs...I have come to realize that even though this is a great accomplishment, especially for me, that I am not there yet. I still need to complete my goal set back in 2004... 55 more lbs I am nissafull and we are in this for the long haul...
  • jessapoe
    jessapoe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am new too, let's support each other! Add me!:flowerforyou:
  • Mandam1018
    Mandam1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Maybe that was just what I needed, that gave me a refresher as to why I am doing this.
  • Taznmb1
    Taznmb1 Posts: 15
    Options
    My husband and I both joined this site and it's been an incredible tool for both of us... and the "extra" support has been truly inspirational.. please feel free to friend me and we can be encouragement to each other.....

I am the Husband feel free to add me as well. You are not alone in this battle.