Diet pills

Options
My best friend just forwarded me a email with her thin pictures...it had pictures of how she looked less than a month ago, which was 30 pounds heavier. She has been taking diet pills ,swears by them and is encouraging everyone we know to take them. Ill admit she looks awesome. Standing next to her sucks..... I keep telling myself that I am doing it the right way and that is cheating but she makes it look so effortless.... :(
Please someone tell me that maybe I wont see results as fast as her but Ill get where I need to be with a litlte hard work and dedication...
this is the way I should be going...right?

Replies

• TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    what happens once she stops taking them? That is the question. I wouldn't for it.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    well, what the hell is she taking for diet pills?

and secondly, once she stops taking them she's going to gain it all back so then when she stands next to you, she'll feel like the flabby one and you'll be skinnier and staying skinnier cause youre doing it healthy!!!

seriously though, 30 lbs in one month? what diet pill does THAT?! i used to be the diet pill queen before i realized they did nothing and i didnt lose 30 lbs. holy hell.

i bet she's jiggly underneath her clothes and you wont be :)
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What kind of diet pills? I took Adipex last year, which raises you blood pressure while you're taking it, since then I have had high blood pressure. I know I am over weight but before that it was always on the low side of normal. So I did some research and found out I am not the only one. Just be careful
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You are definitely doing it the best and RIGHT way. She will very likely gain it back once she stops taking the pills and eats normal again.

Does that help? :)
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I've never heard a good thing about diet pills....and chances are, once she gets off of them, the weight may come back on. I'm sure some people would disagree, but it's just my opintion :smile: You're doing it the right way, by making a lifestyle change....eating better, and working out.
    You'll be fine!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    You're definitely going about it the healthy way! Not to mention, when she stops taking them, she will probably gain some (if not all) of that weight back. You have a better chance of keeping off the weight you lose. Good luck!
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are most definitely doing it the right way. There is no quick fix. If there were, everyone would look great! When you reach your goal and you look at yourself in the mirror, you'll know YOU did it. YOU achieved your goal all on your own by treating your body well. That's so much better than fast results that are almost certain not to last.
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You are Right - This is the way you should be going!!!!!! Diet pills might be a quick fix but they don't necessarily work the same for everyone! Slow and Steady wins the race, with more chance of keeping the weight off long term. Quick fixes = the weight piling back on after *going off the pills *upping food after starving yourself and on and on and on! Believe me, I know from experiance so I learned the hard way. This time, I'm going to do it the right way even if it takes me 10 years :smile:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    YES!!!
    No pills! Stay away!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
    You are learning a new lifestyle, once she stops taking the pills what is gonna happen?
  • eandskp
    eandskp Posts: 54
    Options
    You ARE doing it the right way! Take it from someone who has done it both ways. Once she discontinues taking the pills, she WILL gain the weight back- maybe not all of it but a good amount. Hang in there!
  • christadoud
    christadoud Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There are so many health risks associated with diet pills I would be very scared to take them! Think of all the FDA recalls on some of these drugs. Also, some of the drugs have very undesireable side effects. Most of the time people who take these pills lose the weight, go off the pills and regain.

You are doing things the right way! Slow loss by eating healthy foods and watching calories and fat- and moving your body more! You will lose the weight and keep it off if you continue- and you won't end up sick or in the hospital!!

Good luck to you :)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You are definitely doing it the best and RIGHT way. She will very likely gain it back once she stops taking the pills and eats normal again.

Does that help? :)

Agree with this 100%
    I can't believe she's pushing the diet pill on her friends, ugh.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I don't say taking diet pills is wrong in general. Some work, some are a waste of money. The danger with them is that you count on them. Most people gain all the weight back and even more, after they stop taking them, because a pill doesn't change your eating habbits. So they will take them again to get rid of the pounds and so on.
    Changing your habits maybe means losing slower, but it is the right way.
    Most people forget that this is not only about losing weight. Of course, it is what brings most here. But the ultimate goal is getting healthy and fit. And, lets be honest, a diet pill can make you smaller, but it will never make you fit. Fitness you can only achieve with working out and changing your body the slow way.
    Just my two cents. =^_^=
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Your doing it the right way and will have lasting results if you stick to it! Diet pills are not safe or long term. As soon as she stops them the weight will come back on and who wants to take diet pills forever. I have a friend that has been on Phentermine since last summer. She has lost some weight but now it has stalled and inspite of the fact that she is still taking the pills she is slowly gaining pounds back. Feed your body well and exercise and you will be rewarded...even if it is painfully slow sometimes.!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    what happens once she stops taking them? That is the question. I wouldn't for it.

Exactly! Unless she's going to start working out and eating differently. And I heard diet pills may you $#%# on yourself for no reason. "loose bowels"!!!!!! Thats not cool, you dont want to walk around wearing depends all day. Diet pills are for lazy people who want to loose weight fast and not workout or eat right. Look at people who have had gastric bypass, they've even gained the weight back. The only way I know is to watch what you eat and exercise at least 30 min a day. Thats going to be a HELL NO to the diet pills. Keep doing what you're doing because you're making permanent changes! Good Luck
  • VParee
    VParee Posts: 26
    Options
    I've done the Diet pill thing always to go back to where i started cuz when I stopped them i still went back to old habit. Not only that but would only gain more weight. This is the first time I've done it the old fashion way and I feel the best i've ever felt and i eat and just overall healthy. Keep up the good work in the Long runn you will be Fit and Healthier.
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    YES!!!
    No pills! Stay away!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
    You are learning a new lifestyle, once she stops taking the pills what is gonna happen?

Ha Ha! We posted the exact say thing at the exact same time!! Great minds think alike :happy:
    Slow and Steady wins the race is my new mantra!!!!!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You WILL GET THERE! Be constant and STEADY! Stand next to her in 6 months AFTER she STOPS taking the DRUGS, if she has not stopped in 3 months she may need a drug addiction intervention!
  • allmanro
    allmanro Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok I am not in any way advocating taking diet pills, but they are not ALL bad. People need to realize almost every one of those pills states you MUST workout and eat a very balanced meal that is less to what you are currently chowing down on. With that being said you could effectively lose 30lbs in a month because your metabolism is jacked wayyy up! Again that comes with its territory as well, like high blood pressure unusual cravings, and all of these side effects will take you right back to day 1 where you don’t want to be. SOOOO Stick to what you are doing and WIN the battle of being healthy for life! ♥
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA! Yep!! Great minds!
    You are Right - This is the way you should be going!!!!!! Diet pills might be a quick fix but they don't necessarily work the same for everyone! Slow and Steady wins the race, with more chance of keeping the weight off long term. Quick fixes = the weight piling back on after *going off the pills *upping food after starving yourself and on and on and on! Believe me, I know from experiance so I learned the hard way. This time, I'm going to do it the right way even if it takes me 10 years :smile: