My thighs!

Options
Are huge!!!! I can totally see a difference in my waist and maybe even my arms. The fat is slowly melting off. But my thighs are enormous!!! Any tips for exercises I can do to try to target that fat?!?!?!?! Thanks!

PS. It's like they just ballooned up when I got pregnant with my first baby, and then have never gone back down.

Replies

• n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    My thighs are the first to go! they're shrinking but nothing else is :/ I do a lot of the elliptical though & strength training machines for my legs
  • Danilea7
    Danilea7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, except I've always been cursed with big thighs and hips UGH! I've been using the treadmill and elliptical a lot, but haven't seen the results in my legs that I would like. Love to hear more suggestions on this!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    You can't target fat.
    You have to lower your bodyfat overall.

But doing some leg excercises to build muscle will help them look better in the long run.

Girls who squat usually have amazing legs/ glutes
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Alot of women have this same problem, its like the stomach area for men. One main problem is alpha-2 receptor prevelance in the legs for women. Together with less than optimal blood flow makes it difficult to lose the weight there. More cardio and a cleaner diet will help mobilize and oxidize that fat.
  • kaitlinrc
    kaitlinrc Posts: 24
    Options
    My guess would be its just how your body looses weight... my arms and face get really thin... and then slowly slowly slowly my stomach starts looking better, but it is always the last place I loose and the first to gain. Maybe something like pilates would be good, where you are doing lots of long lean muscle toning and there is a lot of leg work. I also do those machines at the gym where you press open with your outer leg and push close with you inner thigh... (if that makes sense...forgot what it is called.)
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    One good thing about thigh fat - it is healthier than stomach fat. I am taking a nutrition class and was relieved to hear that, because that is also where I store mine....

But I agree, thunder thighs = not pretty! I am working on mine too. I got alot of suggestions for FAST squats and lunges to get them lean, slower to get them muscular. Also, running is good for being lean all over.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I can't run or do anything with much impact due to previous injuries. I will have to hit the eliptical up more (hard to find time with 2 little kids). I think I will start doing more squats and lunges too. I have lots of muscle on my thighs too, so I don't want to build too much there. I just want to get rid of the fat on top of the muscle and that is hanging out under my bottom!
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Walk around your house, but instead of taking steps, do lunges. Also, I have an article somewhere and I'll see if I can find it to show you, but do some scissor legs. Lay on your side, prop yourself up on one elbow, put your legs on top of each other, sides of your knees touching, and lift up the leg on the bottom for your inner thighs, the leg on top for outer thighs. I'm trying to do this right now, myself. My tummy's shrinking and my muscles are building, but my inner thighs look like play-doh. :( If you look at the P90 squats in sweat 3-4, he does them regular, a little further apart, then all the way apart. Those are good too. :)