Just wondering about profile pictures ?

Options
2»

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I really only notice when people don't have profile pictures. Put something there! If you are photo shy pick a pretty picture, flower, kid, pet!
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter took this and I made her keep doing it till I liked it and you could not see my flaws ! This is my newest one I have if you go to my profiel you see the ones from last spring and the summer ! I have yet to take a b-4 and after one ! This is something I am thinking of doing soon ! I need guts for this though !
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with someones profile picture, but if they have none or a not-filled-out profile I am suspect. Also, I don't accept a friend request that does not have a message attached. I like to know who I am friends with and why and know a bit about the person first!
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    No way because this place is about "Eating Healthy" not just loosing weight. Sure a lot of people are overweight because they don't eat good. There are also those who are thin and still eat bad. Just because someone is thin doesn't mean they are healthy. You could internally be just as bad as someone who is obese.
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Got my two year old in front of the ugly stuff ! LMBO hopefully....
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I'll friend anyone, but I like to have people who have similar goals, interests etc.

ditto. as for actual threads i can get annoyed easily if its a 90lb girl trying to get to 75lbs I am going to roll my eyes and keep moving. not because they are skinny but if they have unhealthy goals or are trying to do this in an unhealthy way.
  • GLLove
    GLLove Posts: 77
    Options
    I like to friend people that have common goals, but sometimes I'll just friend somone because I read a post and I thought they were funny or had a lot of great input. I have over 130 lbs to lose so people with similar goals can better understand where I'm at, but I also have friends that are just trying to lose 10 lbs and teach me a lot about what to expect when I get there.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    No way because this place is about "Eating Healthy" not just loosing weight. Sure a lot of people are overweight because they don't eat good. There are also those who are thin and still eat bad. Just because someone is thin doesn't mean they are healthy. You could internally be just as bad as someone who is obese.

Exactly Mitsy, its all about motivation and help. I don't feel stupid trying to help someone who is a lot thinner than me, or give them advice. At the end of the day we are all here to be Healthier than we were before we joined, whether it's losing, gaining or maintaining. I profile pic, filled out profile and the want to change for the better are all I look out for!

Ben.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Doesn`t matter a bit to me,I just want them fun,strong and caring.
    I have a great time on friends news feeds,sometimes flirty ,sometimes celebrating lifes victories and personally speaking from late just being there for me as friends do. :smile:
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!!!
    Nope I have all types of people in my list, a fitness friend is a fitness friend, if they are just beginning their journey or if they are seasoned vets, who have met goal and are maintaining. It's all good. As long as the support and friendship is mutual then who cares about anything else? :happy:
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!!!
    Nope I have all types of people in my list, a fitness friend is a fitness friend, if they are just beginning their journey or if they are seasoned vets, who have met goal and are maintaining. It's all good. As long as the support and friendship is mutual then who cares about anything else? :happy:

Well said! :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I don't know I've ever denied a friend request..... I don't really care. It's not like FB where you can see into my life. Here you can see my weight loss goals, my food diary (which can be made private) and a blog, if you choose to write one.

Toss out some friend requests. I bet you'll see them pop up on your friend list. Welcome, btw! :flowerforyou: