Met my goal... But may go a little more. Thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You've accomplished so much -- it's very very impressive, and you can now just take your time figuring out where you want to take this! You can develop your muscles or increase your endurance, or just enjoy some of the activities that were inaccessible and see what your body needs to get good at them. Or simple shave off a little more fat. You can have goals in terms of performance, body fat %, waist circumference, or weight. The world's your oyster!
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration and it goes to show everyone that their "reasons" are just excuses. So proud of you. You are a strong woman. My vote is to keep doing what you have been doing for 3 years. If you keep losing, great. If not, great. Once you stop losing and you are still not satisfied, I would consider getting the stretched skin removed. Then, find your maintenance calories for your exercise plan and be HAPPY!!! You deserve it!
  • evseqvar
    evseqvar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Your story inspires me even more! Thanks for sharing!
    And congrats on making a life change, keep it up!!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    congrats! you are an inspiration to all
  • Rhonnie07
    Rhonnie07 Posts: 36
    Options
    You look awesome and what an amazing story. Thank for sharing your success story it is an inspiration to us all.
  • lowb35
    lowb35 Posts: 3
    Options
    WOW! I just posted a little while ago about my journey since I'm also at goal, but due to my age and fitness level (also 47 and now fit but not an athlete) I had to adjust my goal upward a little bit from what it was originally. But I approached it differently from you since I was once ultra thin and wanted to get the extra pounds off before I hit menopause for health reasons, but I soon realized that recapturing my underweight 20 something year old self in the process was not a reasonable or healthy goal. Being HEALTHY and FIT at any age or goal weight is the ultimate goal IMHO. If it is healthy for you to do so maybe you can keep going but be patient and listen to your body because it will likely tell you when it is time to stop. If you really have to push it beyond what is reasonable or healthy to get more weight off then maybe then it is time. But if you can simply keep doing what you have been doing and still lose a little more weight then it's probably ok. My body has pretty much told me that where I am now is healthy, maybe I can take a few more pounds off for purely cosmetic purposes at this point, but if I don't I'm not going to stress about it at all. My goal is to STAY healthy and maintain my weight in what is a normal, healthy range for me. Kudos and more kudos for you for reaching your goal and gaining your health!!!! You are an inspiration!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!