Fat bloke seeks similar

Options
dagza
dagza Posts: 15 Member
Hello,

I am a little 39 year old fat English IT expert (steady girls!!) who is actually quite active with martial arts and cycling but needs to stop shoving so much crap down his throat.

I could do with loosing another 3 stone but would be happy with 2 in the short term to take me down to 12 and 1/2 stone. The first 2 slid off by just cutting out alcohol but I need to up my game to shift the rest (he says as he is drinking a bottle of red!)

This site is superb and has already taken over facebook as my home page but I could do with padding out my friends list with people who have something interesting / funny to say about themselves / life / fat. 'keep going', 'well done' and 'hang in there' don't really do it for me so I guess that rules out most of the Americans in the world ;-)

Anyhoo, friend me if you want a craic - don't if you are just collecting names.

Boomshanka

Dagza

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    ha awesome, although i'm not a bloke, or American, nor have a i figured out what "stone" means...i figure we could all use a little extra help.
  • dagza
    Options
    Thanks for the add. Interesting people of any persuasion are welcome :-).

I am just training myself to talk in pounds rather than stones (14 pounds to 1 stone IIRC). I break in to a cold sweat when folk ask me about kilos! I may have that sussed in another 40 years .... :-0
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    You're funny. I'm not a bloke either but feel free to add me. I'll try to curb my American instincts to impart encouragement in the form of, "Way to go!", "Good for you!", and "Awesome job!"
  • badblood
    badblood Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What will your wife think of you posting Lonely hearts adds on websites Darren? BTW did a very steady 10 miles tonight, a couple of chat pauses but felt good and off out again on Wed and Fri next week.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    why have most americans never heard of the term 'stone', it would make life easyer if they used it. when you watch those tv shows and they go on about people being 300pounds, i'm sat there trying to work out how fat they are, lol!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    why have most americans never heard of the term 'stone', it would make life easyer if they used it. when you watch those tv shows and they go on about people being 300pounds, i'm sat there trying to work out how fat they are, lol!

I think the same thing when I hear stone......life would be easier if we all used pounds LOL
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    but its smaller maths! lol
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. I've been here for months and every time I'm typing about weight, I have to open online converter as I don't really know pounds or stones but go by kg. So typing weight takes me forever. But I did learn that there are 14 pounds to a stone and 2.2 pound to a kilo...so getting somewhere even if it is just very slowly.

Anyway, good luck with your weight loss. You will get there. Oh and I'm obviously not a bloke, but live in England too. :smile:
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add. Interesting people of any persuasion are welcome :-).

I am just training myself to talk in pounds rather than stones (14 pounds to 1 stone IIRC). I break in to a cold sweat when folk ask me about kilos! I may have that sussed in another 40 years .... :-0

Thanks for the info, and the laugh in your original post!
    I also keep wondering what a stone is, lol funny I could easily have looked it up on the internet since I'm here.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    ha I'm Canadian, I should be using kg, but pounds make more sense to me...although I still think in centimetres instead of inches...and celcius instead of fareheit
  • dagza
    Options
    Pete - I've got a week to work then 2 weeks off so give me a shout (in good time) when you fancy a bimble and I'll unleash the roadie and ride through. That said, I have a pass for dalby now so if you fancy a play.... Don't have to go far from the visitor centre to have fun either ;-)
  • dagza
    Options
    ha I'm Canadian, I should be using kg, but pounds make more sense to me...although I still think in centimetres instead of inches...and celcius instead of fareheit

We are pretty mixed up in the UK :sad:

Generally we use imperial for distance and speed (miles and miles per hour) and imperials for weight (stones and pounds) but metric for distance (cm and metres and yes I know I said we use imperial but I also said we were pretty mixed up!). We use F if you are over 50 and C if you are under for temp.

:ohwell: