Weird question but a little scared to ask

Options
Well here it goes i am a big girl and i have stretch marks for the people that have them or had them how did you get ride of them. im taking a leap here

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    tan or cocoa butter
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You don't. Sorry. Time will fade them, but there is no getting rid of them without surgery. I would suggest keeping your skin moisturized though.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    i dont think they go away - my two kids made mine appear and theyre still here - blast it all to hell! :D
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Mine have not gone away so to speak but over the years they have minimized and gotten lighter.
  • susancelli928
    Options
    They will fade
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Cocoa butter helped mine lighten in appearance, but I hear it doesn't work for everyone. They are still there, but much less noticeable.
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    they are still there.... I tan so that helps make them less noticeable. starnge to say, but i'm pretty okay with my stretch marks =D
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    tanning has helped mine not look AS bad.
  • beckymike36
    beckymike36 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    try bio oil
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sorry babe...there is nothing you can do about them. I have researched and researched this and there are a lot of myths (cocoa butter) but ultimately these are scars in your skin and they will not go away. There is one kind that can fade. I forget if it's the light ones or dark ones but they will not go away.

I wish.
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    we need to find a cure!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Moisturize a lot! I use firming lotion and am trying out bio oil (a little skeptical), it definitely just takes time.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I don't understand it, but as I've lost weight my stretch marks have almost completely disappeared.
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    mine are still there but they have faded a lot xxx
  • BetterJenny
    Options
    Stretch marks are scarring in the skin from stretching. They don't go away. But you can lighten them with a tan. I've been told Bio Oil is really going for helping them fade, but it WONT get rid of them. I have lots too, and I understand how upsetting they can be. I have them all over my stomach and breasts mostly :(
  • beckymike36
    beckymike36 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't understand it, but as I've lost weight my stretch marks have almost completely disappeared.

Well then!!!! I wish mine did!!!! you got a miracle!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Oh well guess I'll just wear mine as a badge of triumph! LOL
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Mine will never go away, and I've learned to accept that. My pregnancy stretch marks on my stomach are my badge of honor for delivering a healthy baby. My stretch marks on my sides, lower back, thighs, etc... those are a reminder of how far I've come. I once was so unhealthy my skin stretched. Now, I'm learning to be healthier and improving myself.

Learn to accept them. Learn to love them. They represent your past but your future will be brighter.

(And yeah.... tanning helps mine "blend" in a bit better but don't over do it there :wink:)
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    They are scars so tanning on many people just makes them stick out more. But Cocoa butter works really well to lighten them or keep more from appearing if you get pregnant. Also there are products like "Save my skin" by Pure Romance that help them fade. Vitamin E is your friend.
  • paloma1182
    paloma1182 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I heard its pretty impossible to get rid of them totally but my suggestions are keep skin moisturized!

self tanner kind of hides them to the naked eye a bit.

theres a bio oil that you can buy and add that into your daily moisture regemine. so shower, towel dry, add the oil and lather it over your skin (everywhere but the face basically) then add lotion.