avocado or guacamole

waverly9876
waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
edited September 25 in Recipes
Ive heard alot of people say that these foods are high in fat but they are the good fat. I saw on Biggest Loser, they had this 100 calorie brand of Guacamole . I was wondering what I would eat with it besides chips (not gonna happen). Thanks!

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Put in on a wrap with some veggies and shredded chicken or mix it in to a salad with black beans, corn, and tomatoes (substitute it for the dressing)... SO good!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    whole wheat or rye crackers?
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,546 Member
    It's so easy to make homemade guacamole that I never use a mix. Google Rosa Mexicana guacamole. (Sorry, I'd type the recipe but I don't have time right now!). I make guacamole whenever we have tacos or fajitas or any type of Mexican food and eat it on there. It's sooooo good. I also put avocado on salads, with chicken in a wrap, on burgers. Oh, so good.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    wrap it in some nori and sticky rice...mmmmm
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    avocado has become one of my fitness favs:)) I eat it with salad, rice and beans and fresh homemade salsa. I mash it and that is my version of guacomole:))
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Pieces of veggies like a dip. Blue Diamond Nut thins are great too.... 16 per serving. I usually only eat 8 for 65 calories I think. Add it to a veggie burrito, put it on eggs. I love guacamole! Great with some salsa too on a cracker topped with some lettuce. This is making want to go buy some guacamole! YUM!
  • I eat avocado or guac with turkey burgers,hamburgers, eggs, wraps, as a dip for chips, veggies...but my favorite is with a turkey sandwich....
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Yes avocado, has so many good qualities. It is a good MUFA. . to lower belly fat, it is good for the skin, and good at lowering bad cholesterol. I just got the "WHOLLY GUACAMOLE" It is fantastic, and contains some jalapeno in it, which is also a good fat burner. Love it. I also eat fresh avocado a lot! So I would definitely include it in your diet!:bigsmile:
  • evseqvar
    evseqvar Posts: 51 Member
    Avocado on any salad is delicious!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    avocado is good with anything or by itself!

With veggies, pita chips, I'm sure they'd be great with special k cracker chips, i love them in salad, on turkey burgers.

When I was younger my grandmother and great grandmother (even my mother) would eat avacado sandwiches (whoa not healthy! although if you used Light Mayo it could be good)...it consists of sliced avacado...mayo...salt...pepper...bread.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    I have taken an avacado and mixed it with some Pace Picante sauce and put it on a baked potato. That was it., nothing else and I liked it a lot.
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Put it on a turkey sandwich with alfalfa sprouts, tomato and red onion. Delicous!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    What to use avocado or guac on... hmm, where to start? EVERYTHING!!! OK, that might be a slight exaggeration, but I freaking LOVE avocados :heart:

I use it as a sub for mayo on sandwiches, in addition to things others have listed. If you like sushi, try an Avocado-Peanut roll sometime... lots of "good" fats and it just melts in your mouth... YUM :bigsmile:
  • finafilms
    finafilms Posts: 40
    Baked whole wheat tortillas (or I like sprouted) so you still get that satisfying crunch
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Thank you all for your suggestions~
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Ive heard alot of people say that these foods are high in fat but they are the good fat. I saw on Biggest Loser, they had this 100 calorie brand of Guacamole . I was wondering what I would eat with it besides chips (not gonna happen). Thanks!

What do I eat Guacamole with,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, why a spoon of course.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    What do I eat Guacamole with,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, why a spoon of course.
    That's how I used to eat Nutella ...

As for avocado -- cocktail shrimp combined with salsa and avocado chunks is delish!

I haven't found the 100 cal packs of Wholly Guacamole yet. I got the big tubs from Costco, divided up into little bags and threw them into the freezer. The problem is I keep forgetting to take them out to thaw.
This discussion has been closed.