Phentermine HCL

Options
Just wanted to see if anyone has taken this weight loss drug and had success. My boss and I both started it and so far it is worked for her. Hope it will for me.

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have but it has some yucky side affects...it only works for about the first 30 pounds for everyone I know that has used it. Also, it gives you such dry mouth that you can begin to have dental problems no matter how much water you drink. I wouldn't suggest taking it after 10 am if you want to go to bed at a descent time and the weight does all come back. It may take a few years for all of it to come back, but it does. :( Sorry. I regularly have to take them in cycles because of an adrenal issue. Good luck. It is very motivating and do lots of cardio and lots of walking when taking them, the weight will melt off. Make sure to watch your blood pressure.
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Only if you use MFP just like you weren't taking it at all.
    I used it in the past and it made me not hungry, but I didn't eat, so of course I lost weight and of course I gained it back PLUS SOME because I hadn't changed my eating habits one bit. I developed a tolerance for it and had to take 2 for the same effect. I just quit taking it because I could see I was developing an even higher tolerance for it after a while and refused to take more than 2 a day. Plus I was paying a monthly DR. visit too.
    So final call, I'd say take it ONLY if you follow MFP exactly like you weren't taking it at all. The only thing it will do is make you not hungry (for a while) and give you more energy (for a while) but it won't change your eating habits so you don't gain it all back. And read up on how not eating puts your body in "starvation mode" when you don't eat.
    Good luck by the way! You can do it without it just as well! :smile:
    PS. The PILLS didn't make me lose weight...not eating made me lose weight.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I took it a couple of times, worked out and lost up to 40 lbs. BUT I put it all back on because I never dealt with the bad habits. It literally stops your appetite, so if you don't mentally know how to use self control, when you come off you may eat the same way (or worse). Make sure you eat right and exercise and I am sure you will be fine. I would eat one meal a day on that (because I was NEVER hungry) and obviously that is the reason why I gained the 40 lbs back. That was in 2007. I was 188 and went to 148 (in 4 months). January of this year I was 180 again. It gives you a boost of energy like WHOA!! You can run 2 marathons. Also, careful coming off....wean off...I got depressed a little afterwards and read reports of that happening to a lot of other people as well. Hope that helps. Bottom line---you'll lose weight but it is the habbits and lifestyle changes that will make the weight stay off.

Keisha
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm guilty of having taken it (4-5 years ago)-unfortunately the weight I lost while on it came back plus some. I know people that lost and were able to keep it off. But quite honestly, I couldn't even make myself eat while on it. Zero desire for food makes you lose fast! The second time I took it I started to feel ill everyday and my headaches and mood swings were so bad that I'd told myself never again.
  • clemsongirl1982
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the information and advice. I will take it all into advisement while still going with my diet and exercise plan.