Pigs'not challenge

Options
I think I can speak for most of us that weekends are when we seem to fall off the wagon. We tend to make food a free for all and let our goals slip to the wayside. This weekend take the Pigs'not Challenge".... Let us "not" be pigs!

This Saturday and Sunday post a quick pat on the back for yourself when you resist temptation, get in an extra kick bootie workout , stick to your caloric goals and keep a clean diet.

If you are up for the challenge make you mark!

Replies

• kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan! Weekends are especially hard for me because I work nights all weekend and many times people want to order food...and it's not good food either!! Also makes getting time in for a workout very hard.

I'll join you on your challenge! Let's " NOT" be pigs together!!!
  • bellawomenswellness
    bellawomenswellness Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Weekends are notorious for late night munchies and food which is not on our meal plan! So glad you are teaming up with me this weekend!!! I am really trying to get my weekends to resemble my weeks. That will be a huge accomplishment in itself!
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    I am definitely in on this one! This is something I need to be better at. So, I am committed this weekend!
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    Awesome girls!!! I LOVE the camaraderie! There have to be more vixen who have this area of their Health and Fitness program that could use a little "addressing"!
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    no problem here!
    I'm in!
  • TLC1975
    Options
    I have a 7 day meal plan that I follow, and I allow for one cheat meal a week...but this week I decided to opt out of the cheat meal and try for the next 4 weeks..no cheats!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am not in this category at all! I have no interest in working so HARD all week long and then totally ruining it on sat/sun. It's not worth it to me!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time eating regularly on weekends - I just snack, and not necessarily the heathiest.

I'm in!
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    Amazing how our brains can go on "weekend" auto pilot! After my 12 years olds soccer game, I needed to grab him and his friend dinner and snacks for his slumber party, so I stopped off at the grocery store. On the way to the store, I knew I would be tempted, so I was trying to think of what I would consider a "treat", but would also keep me on my path.
    I grabbed him some slumber party snacks, quite tempted to grab a naughty treat for myself...every naught food looked so tasty... I browsed Smart Ones Desserts (too much sugars) then I made my way to the deli isle and found another treat "Kumbucha" and a nonfat greek yogurt. GOOD CHOICE! One night down! I will officially mark Friday night off as a SUCCESS. 48 hours to go.

If we repeat the habits enough they become lifestyle! Might have to repost this challenge a few weekends in a row!

Tomorrow night is a double date with friends... Mexican Resturant! Ill keep you posted!
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    Had a strong training session today! 2+ hours of fitness and along the lines of 1500 calories burned.
    Tonight is date night, I can't even fathom the thought of my poor, beat down bicep lifting something naughty to my lips after all this hard work! I'll keep you posted!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Have fun on your date night.

I actually cooked breakfast and lunch for myself today -- usually, I end up grazing on weekends and end up getting super hungry, and overindulging.

So far, so good today.
  • TLC1975
    Options
    My Friday night was a success!
    Tonight will be too...considering my hubby made homemade Pizza for supper, I had one bite then ate my meal...
    One day left.....
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    Saturday date night...Mexican restaurant
    Hmmm.... success???
    I had all intentions of no alcohol, but the peer pressure got the better of me. One Margarita.
    I did partake in a few chips and salsa.
    For the meal, refried beans, rice, guacamole and shrimp.(decent choice)
    Resturant hopping to Cafe Latte... Desert Chocolate cake.

Overall 1000 calories for dinner and desert. Higher than I would normally want! BUT with my 1500 exercise calorie burn for the day, I still ended up under on calories for the day,.

So success for MFP standards, but a "C+" in my book. I could have done better, skipped the desert and the alcohol!

Tomorrow I will be back to a very clean diet.