Friends for support too!! Please...

Options
Hi there, I'm 50 years old Aussie female and weight 64kg. (that's about 141lb) and for my height 168cm (66") that is ok. My bad cholesterol has gone up to 6.3 and my Doctor has said I need to excerise more (I walk approx 3 times a week for 30 minutes at 6km/hour on my treadmill) and lose weight. I thought I wasn't going too badly for an 'old girl' but now am depressed. Can someone out there kick me along - I want to show him I can do it. I don't really know what my aim weight should be just that my cholesterol needs to come down. Don't suggest the hubby - he is no help nor is the daughter that got me onto this site to support her!!! Using MFP I seem to go good and then fall off by weeks end and that undoes all I've done. Feeling lonely and in need of support Thanks

Replies

• Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Just add a bunch of random friends through here. I comment on their progress and they comment on mine. Great motivation!!
  • StormyNoriega
    Options
    Welcome ! We all support each other on here. It's terrific. You can do this.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    you have to find your motivation inside you - once you get there, you won't look back!

of course, it helps to have AWESOME MFP people behind you along the way :flowerforyou:

add me if you would like :bigsmile:
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Im on here every day,would be happy to support you along the way.I walk each day over various distances and times.I would also recommend the april walking challenge where you can set your goals that you would like to achieve, its a great motivation when you see everyone else doing it.Although a little into april now,just jump on board and join in.

Good Luck and Best Wishes...:smile:
  • mamma3monkeys
    Options
    aw, I'm so sorry you feel lonely. I know how it is to be working on your health while everyone else around you (regardless of their own health) does nothing. I've been doing it since 2003 and I find myself giving up or getting frustrated (not at my results as much as at those around me not doing anything and giving me criticism) and throwing the towel in. It's so easy to do that when you don't have a good support system. I didn't in the past, but I feel like I do now. (that plus inner motivation thanks a lot to biggest loser, losing it with Jillian and her Jillian Michaels radio show lol!) My only friend on here (so far!) is my husband but I do have a lot more on SparkPeople recently.... Maybe you can join up there too so you won't have just one place to go for support. :) hmm. however, since seeing your response and typing this up, I already see a nice group of people wanting to friend you :D