You've got to be kidding me...

Options
This one you're not going to believe! I've been doing the MFP thing for 5 weeks today....I have been walking and increasing my distance each week. This week my goal was 20 miles and I am happy to report that I have gone 20.5 miles this week and completed W1D2 and W1D3 of the C25K. Here comes the great part....apparently this week somehow I managed to dislocate a rib! Are you freakin' kidding me? Yesterday I was in so much freakin' pain that I couldn't stand it and so this morning I went straight to see my chiropractor. May I say he is a miracle worker....my back snapped, crackled and popped like a bowl of rice crispies in a bowl of skim milk in the morning.

Can it be that I'm getting old or is it that I'm just that stinkin' fat and out of shape?

I am not gonna let this kick my but...after going to the chiropractor today I went and walked another 3.8 miles. My back is tightening up again and I want to scream but I tell you that this is not going to get the best of me.

OK, sorry for the rant....thanks for listening and see you all on the skinny side.

Replies

• laneyb356
    laneyb356 Posts: 25
    Options
    My motto is "what don't kill you will make you stronger"! Good luck!!! PS glad it was only the rib!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have RA (rheumatoid arthritis). The way I get going is to do slow stretches and get my muscles and joints warmed up before I even leave my bed. Maybe stretching muscles will keep your bones from popping out of place. Enjoy your walks! ;):drinker: (lots of water)
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options
    Wow man! That sounds intense!

I'm glad to hear you're ok and hanging in there. I hope you're fully healed soon!
  • gidjet11
    gidjet11 Posts: 86
    Options
    You are such a trooper! Going back to walking right after hearing that you dislocated a rib!!! Wow, I'm amazed and feel like a total wussy at the same time. I'd have been laid up on the couch for quite a while...Think I'll use you as an example and go forth no matter what!!! Thanks for the inspiration and I hope you feel better soon!!!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This might be the universe's way of saying: "You are one tough cookie, You can do this, no matter what obstacles I throw your way".
    36 km, that is a good long distance per week. that is more than running a 5 k every day of the week. Awesome. Regarding getting too old, hahaha, you are still a youngin (compared to my ancient 49 year old bones:)
    You shall prevail.