NuMetrix sports bra with heart rate monitor?

Options
Has anyone tried one of these? I have been unable to use the chest strap with my treadmill because it won't register my heart rate despite multiple adjustments, the addition of moisture, changing positions, etc, and the watches that I have tried at the stores don't accurately read my pulse rate either. I would really like to monitor heart rate while working out, especially since I'm doing so many days of strength training now, but don't want to spend the money if this is another gadget that isn't reliable. Right now if I use the heart rate grips on the treadmill at the gym, it might say my pulse rate is 80 when I can easily stop, check my pulse manually and see that it is 130+. Any reviews on the NuMetrix products?

Replies

• mommy2halfdozen
    mommy2halfdozen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am interested too.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I don't know about NuMetrix products, but Polar do good heart rate monitors that come with a chestband. I use one myself and it's pretty accurate.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I'm still not fond of multi-purpose items, I find that MOST of the items that do many functions are only "decent" at each of the things they do, instead of being great at any particular function.
    But that's just me, I do see phone's that have camera's with better resolution than my separate digital camera these days.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    I have a Polar chest band monitor already, because that's what came with my Pacemaster treadmill. One of the reasons I selected this particular treadmill was because of all the great heart monitor triggered programs that it came with. But.....the heart rate monitor won't register my heart rate properly, so the program (and the treadmill) shut down after just a couple of minutes because basically, the heart monitor thinks I have died. LOL
    My son has no problem using the Polar monitor, so I know it's me and my body, and not the monitor, per se.