Going Out tonight Help!

Options
Going out with the girls at Earl's tonight for drinks and appies....looking at their menu and there is not a lot there for under 500cals.........YIKERS! I don't want to eat just a salad?? And what should I drink?? Freaking out because I am doing so well. I have 300 cals left for the day and I will add some to that because I will be going for a long walk soon. I want to do this right!!

Replies

• rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    I'm waiting to see responses too! LOL. I'm going out too. I saved 800 calories, but I don't wanna just eat crap.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    eat 1/2... take other half home for tomorrow *S*

edited to add.. just be careful of the sodium... restaurants are killer for sodium content unfortunately :(
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have been getting the chicken tacos at Earls. You can get them either as an appetizer or as a main course and as a main course I choice the salad. It is quite tasty and satisfying. Earl's does have their menu with nutritional values on line. Also if you go into track food and type in Earl's their menu comes up and you can choose there as well. I also get the large bottle of San Pelligrino .
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    for alcohol drinks I try to cut out beer and possibly get a flavored vodka/diet sierra mist drink, yum yum!
  • Simone1970
    Options
    When I know I'm going out for the evening and will be eating/drinking, I first do not drink high calorie drinks like beer. I stick to diet cokes and Crown Royal. I also tried a diet coke and vanilla flavored vodka when I was up in the mountains skiing last month and I thought it tasted very good.

For food, I let myself eat what others are eating, but I just eat small portions. I know if I were to just eat a salad going out I would eventually still be hungry and binge latter on in the evening.

Good luck tonight!

Simone
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Eat half, take the rest home, or leave it there. Ask for dressing on the side. Grilled meat over any other kind. Eat all the veggies on your plate first, and try to ask for them to be steamed.

For drinks, vodka/soda/lime, and alternate between those and just soda water with lemon/lime. It'll keep you hydrated and it looks like you're still drinking vodka/soda/lime.

Most importantly, try to be good, but don't hate yourself if you go over calories. Enjoy yourself, and remember that it's guilt that can REALLY make you gain weight! (By thinking, "hey, the night's blown anyway.")

Good luck!
  • north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!!