Messed up today and tempted to make more bad choices

Options
I went way overboard at a company sponsored lunch today...... I am sooo obsessing now wanting a Dr. Pepper and a DQ Blizzard.
I have that crazy thought of...."I've already messed up today.... might as well finish the day eating whatever I feel like eating"
I haven't even been craving soda's and ice cream treats, but for some reason I just want to throw my hands in the air, give it up today... and start again tomorrow.

Just felt like I would try sharing and hoping by putting it out there I will not continue my madness free for all eating habits today.

Thanks for letting me vent. It's 5 minutes at a time right now :)

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!YOU MADE SOME BAD CHOICES,WE`RE ALL HUMAN.I WOULDN`T GO CRAZY AND PIG OUT ALL DAY.MAYBE DO SOME EXERCISE ,THAT MAY HELP YOU FEEL BETTER.TRY TO EAT HEALTHY THE REST OF THE DAY.KNOW TOMORROW`S A NEW DAY.
    HAVE A GOOD NIGHT:)
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Stay strong! you can do it!
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Noooooo! Dont do it!!! You'll feel guilty an horrible later so y make it worse! Think about how long it takes to burn those calories and are they worth it? Negative! Instead make yourself some healthy treats to make the feelings subside. Good luck
  • 48fan
    48fan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I haven't messed up today but sure having the snack cravings right now. Don't do it!!! Only a few more hours left in the day. Don't want to totally ruin it now. Hang in there!!:happy:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    no dont eat whatever, think of how hard u've already worked to get where u r:smile:
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You messed up today but you can still get back on track and stay there. It sucks when there are so many food temptations at work because the smells stay in the mind and make you crave other things you didn't even want before. Take some deep breaths, think about the goals you have again, find a healthy snack, and keep moving. Good luck.
    Shine
  • jsoaper01
    jsoaper01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Keep things positive! Just have a better rest of the day.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    get it out of your system and try again tomorrow!!!!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Fight the temptation! Get some fruit and flavored water... and I agree with Jane...on those days where I know I have swayed from my food goals, working out always makes me feel better :-) Hang in there.. and yes tomorrow is always another day to start fresh!
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Don't start again tomorrow - start again NOW!
  • bebababy
    bebababy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i know just how u feel. i went out of town for a funeral and didn't follow program. i did eat things not on program, fried chicken and fish i was down south and you know how good they make those 2 things lol, however, i made sure i drank plenty of water trying to purge and ate right for the rest of the day and following days. we get tempted but gotta put a plug on it or we'll be right back into old habits! i agree go for a quick walk and get back on schedule for the rest of the day. you will feel much better i've done it. good luck
  • Takatora
    Takatora Posts: 10
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your bad afternoon, but past decisions are in the past so just focus on your next decision. I also have a sweet tooth for blizzards (midnight truffle made w/ vanilla icecream is my fav) and dr pepper. One great substitution I've found is trading the blizzard in for a small cone (sometimes dipped if the craving is really bad). Which is only ~200 calories or so, and sometimes I throw away the cone as well. Even if it's just 40~ calories, it still makes me feel better. The difference between a cone and a small blizzard is about 500 calories and I'm just as satisfied.
  • marcyjane83
    Options
    Think of how it will make you feel afterwards...H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for helping me hang in there ... just for now :)

I am already over 867 calories and haven't had dinner yet. The big fatning meal made me tired, UGH!

I seem to lose all control in social eating situations. I have no idea why.

I was even prepared with lots of healthy food in the office today..... but felt guilty and unappreciative to say no. (or maybe I didn't want them to know that I am weak and can't control myself around that kind of food.)

Anyway, I ate like a piggie, so that prob wasn't a good impression either since they all know I have made alot of progres son my new lifestyle.

just venting away..... Sorry!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    Hang in there... one bad lunch isn't so bad. You'll be feeling way worse tonight if you have the soda and ice cream. That's what this lifestyle is about... life happens and we indulge-and that's OKAY!! No need to have soda and ice cream now, enjoy the fact you had a yummy lunch, stick to a healthy dinner. There will be plenty of times when you can have a blizzard! You'll be proud of yourself tomorrow if you pass it up!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You have done so well,,,,taking off 17 lbs. is a lot of weight and you have had to make pretty good choices to do that, I see you are planning a vacation in 3 months......I bet you could have another 17 lbs off by then, That would feel so good to be down 34 or so lbs. before vacation. Make a cup of herbal tea, sit down take some deep breaths and think about what you want to buy to wear on your holidays. You are strong........and you already know that going to D.Q. is not really going to make you happy. Go for a walk.
  • traceybett
    Options
    You are all so amazing! Thank you for helping me get through this moment. You have all said some pretty smart things, I am going to keep this page open and read all your comments a few more times while drinking some water.

Thank you a million times xoxoxo
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hang in there... one bad lunch isn't so bad. You'll be feeling way worse tonight if you have the soda and ice cream. That's what this lifestyle is about... life happens and we indulge-and that's OKAY!! No need to have soda and ice cream now, enjoy the fact you had a yummy lunch, stick to a healthy dinner. There will be plenty of times when you can have a blizzard! You'll be proud of yourself tomorrow if you pass it up!

I love this attitude!

You splurged today. It was delicious. Now make a healthy choice for dinner, take a walk or work out tonight or in the morning. You can have a Blizzard some other day when you've planned for it!
  • ladyshills
    Options
    I've had the same kind of day, I'm 500 calories over my limit & I have been doing so well. I don't feel like exercising & I just want to pig out now. But.... it's not worth it! Gonna pull a you tube video of Zumba & burn these extras off. Find something to take your mind off food. Good luck!
  • traceybett
    Options

I love this attitude!

You splurged today. It was delicious. Now make a healthy choice for dinner, take a walk or work out tonight or in the morning. You can have a Blizzard some other day when you've planned for it!

I love this attitude too ! Now is NOT the time to splurge on the ice cream. Maybe I will go get a diet dr. pepper and sit at the park... maybe i will get the "unction" to walk a bit.

U all Rock!