I refuse to settle for "As good as it gets"

Options
I have struggled with my weight my whole life. The moment I start to loose weight I find myself saying it is okay to have "just a little bite" you are doing so good. Well.... that turns into every or every other day issue where I start gaining the weight and before I know it, 10 pounds is back on. I dont deprive myself from food for I find this harder and I end up binge eating. Treating myself has never gotten this out of hand in a long time, here is where yo-yo dieting can come in the picture. It's a lifestyle change and that is what I need to get into my head, quit listening to those people who keep saying "diet." I am sure "diets" work, but only a short time, I even tried the "quick fix" and once that was over, my body was like "real food!!!" and here comes the pounds. The comfortable lifestyle is where I have found myself after getting married and having kids and I dont want t settle for "This is as good as it gets."

Replies

• care28
    care28 Posts: 28
    Options
    Woohoo! You go! You can do it!
    Hey your more than half way to first mini goal!!

I find it ironic that you referred to it as the 'comfortable life style', are you referring to the fat, sedentary lifestyle? Cause I find it to be rather uncomfortable, don't you? But you're changing all that!! Good luck with your endeavor! It will be so worth it!:flowerforyou:
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! You go! You can do it!
    Hey your more than half way to first mini goal!!

I find it ironic that you referred to it as the 'comfortable life style', are you referring to the fat, sedentary lifestyle? Cause I find it to be rather uncomfortable, don't you? But you're changing all that!! Good luck with your endeavor! It will be so worth it!:flowerforyou:

Comfortable is the word my friends from high school and I use for being married and not having to "impress" anyone. Some people ask me "Don't you want to look good for your husband?" My first instincts are my spouse thinks I look just fine and the other is shouldn't it go both ways then? Fat and comfortable is not even used in the same vocabulary together for me for they don't exist. :happy:
  • Domestica
    Domestica Posts: 91
    Options
    I TOTALLY agree with you! The voice in our head wants to say that we "deserve" a "treat" but what exactly is a treat? Isn't a treat something that makes you feel GOOD? Then why do we tell ourselves that having a piece of cake is a "treat"? No, it's a cheat! And nothing else. It makes us feel sluggish, bloated and fat!

The battle for our health is in our heads -- and you are so right, you need to make a lifestyle change. I can look at people's food journals and see all these "fat-free" this or that and "low-fat" this or that...but the truth is, they're eating processed crap all day long and then wondering why they aren't seeing results. Our bodies need WHOLE foods...not things from a box.

Once you switch from the idea that you need to "diet well" to the idea that you need to "eat well", you'll know you've arrived. :)

Good luck!