Here we go again...

Options
Hey everyone,

I am trying to loose weight because i want to be healtheir. I only just started yesterday and I am feeling good and have more energy...I just doubt myself so much when i got on a diet. What is frustrating the me the most is having to count the calroies of proudcts not in the food database (I hate math lol)...last night my husbend and I had shrimp fajitas and i couldnt find anything in here close to how we make it...so i just picked something similar....and today i went for a walk/ jog but thats not in the data base either..i selected walk at very brisk pace...lol. I am hoping i can meet my goal weight (and possibly improve my math skills:tongue: )...lol...
thanks for your support...:happy:

Replies

• barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you use the create recipe part of the app and follow the directions it will give you the caloies on what you cook at home. I use it all the time.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am trying to loose weight because i want to be healtheir. I only just started yesterday and I am feeling good and have more energy...I just doubt myself so much when i got on a diet. What is frustrating the me the most is having to count the calroies of proudcts not in the food database (I hate math lol)...last night my husbend and I had shrimp fajitas and i couldnt find anything in here close to how we make it...so i just picked something similar....and today i went for a walk/ jog but thats not in the data base either..i selected walk at very brisk pace...lol. I am hoping i can meet my goal weight (and possibly improve my math skills:tongue: )...lol...
    thanks for your support...:happy:

I just went for a walk/jog and did the exact same thing (4 MPH walk). The calories burned here was way off, though, so I adjusted.

You might try the recipe tool for your own recipes, especially if it's something you make often. You put in the individual ingredients for the whole recipe and then note how many servings it makes. You can then pick it from the Meals section whenever you make and eat it. Otherwise, I just put in the individual ingredients when I'm eating a meal. For a salad it might be: 3 cups romaine lettuce, 50 g of cucumbers, 1 celery stalk, 1/4 cup of blue cheese, 2 tbsp. oil and vinegar dressing, etc.

I hope this helps!
  • brendachick
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!...i am still trying to figure this out..lol