30 day shred

Options
so today is day 1 of JM 30 day shred...My god is she brutal! my legs are still shaking! I made it through the whole thing so I am definatly very proud of myself. All i kept saying is.....it's 20 minutes, DO IT!!!!!!!!!! i can't only imagine trying to get out of bed tomorrow morning :( Tylenol before bed.

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I just started the Shred too. My arms are my weakest...it's hard for me to do all the arm stuff. I am on day 4 today.
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    it gets easier by like....day 4 or 5. after i finished my 10 days of level 1 i went onto level 2 and I wanted to cry again haha. but I only used it on the days i wasn't going to the gym.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yep I did my first day yesterday I was ok afterwards but today my arms are going to fall off LOL
    I call her the devil
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It definitely gets easier after day 4 and 5. I loooove Jillian and her crazy workouts! LOL. I love her Yoga Meltdown too. It gives a good core workout.
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    Doing my first day tomorrow. I actually did the first 13 days in feb but missed one day and once i missed one I had every excuse in the book not to continue... I know, lame. But this time around I'm too old for excuses. That's it.

Great job and keep up the great work! And don't quit, at first it hurts and really puts your body into shock - not shock really, cuz that has a negative connotation, but it's just a decent workout for 20 minutes and the results appear after 3 days!
  • mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    a friend of mine told me about it and after reading your posts I decided to buy it! Can't wait !
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Don't skip tomorrow. I was more sore the second day and wished I had not skipped!
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    To my surprise I am not that sore today after doing the 30 day shred - maybe it's bc i took 3 tylenol before I went to bed. MY arms and legs are tight but not really bad - is that a good thing or did I do something wrong? LOL
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    It probably shows that you're in decent shape!
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    that happened to me the first day too. my legs wouldn't stop shaking afterwards. it does get better and easier though. it's one of my favourite workouts ever though.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day 3 ... It's tough but the results are worth it !! And I've noticed a difference in my body ... my arms are more toned and my tummy seems to be flattening !!! Keep with it ... If you make sure you stretch really well after and maybe take a hot shower as well.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Mwant to add that makes you feel less sore !!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I just pulled out my copy of JM's 30 Day Shred~ yeah, it was buried deep in my workout video graveyard!

You all are inspiring me so I'm going to start today. My PLAN is to do it AND go to the gym for my regular workout~ of course whether or not that actually happens remains to be seen!!

A quick question~ would any of you know what the calories burned would be for someone like me (205 pds) for the 25 minutes of Shred?
    OR how would you enter it to get it on MFP calculator?

Good luck to everyone and let's stay in touch, OK?
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I enter it as a circut training, when I do it. It is such a love/hate relationship. :smooched: :explode:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    OK did my first Shred workout and boy, was it challenging!! Couldn't do any jumping due to ankle injury but modified and worked up a sweat anyway!!

LOVE IT!!