is this right

i got this elliptical machine called the weslo 620 not an expensive one but its a work out. anyways i stay on that thing with the resistance turned up for about 20 minutes a day and it says i burn anywhere from 400 to 450 calories i mean is this right am i really burning this many calories? i sure hope so

Replies

• natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    i got this elliptical machine called the weslo 620 not an expensive one but its a work out. anyways i stay on that thing with the resistance turned up for about 20 minutes a day and it says i burn anywhere from 400 to 450 calories i mean is this right am i really burning this many calories? i sure hope so
  • Natasha...
    It should be. I do elliptical for 45-50 minutes and burn about 600+ a few per workout. If you are really exerting yourself you may be burning even more than it says, but typically the numbers are right. When i add in my elliptical time on the exercise area, it is right on the money with the pre calculated burn...i just adjust it to what the machine says...sometimes a few calories less, sometimes a few more. Trust and believe...this site is pretty much right on the dot!

Cheers and keep on the exercise!

Brian
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    natashav:
    In addition to the resistance setting, how much calorie you burn depends on your current weight. Did you enter your weight correctly in the machine's setup? Did your cross-check the machine's number with this site's number like uh1 did? Follow his method if the two numbers agree to a certain degree. If they don't, then you have a problem. In that case, you may need to get a third number with a different machine to cross-check which number to trust. Just my two cents.