Weird Injuries...

Options
tammyquinnlmt
tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
I'm the queen of injuring myself in totally strange and unusual ways. Tonight, I managed to cut, not 1, but both of my thumbs while cracking crabs. Who else has this kind of problem...please don't let me be the only ungraceful wretch out there!

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    All. The. Time. In middle school I taught myself to shave WITHOUT lotion or shaving cream, and now 5 years later my knees are dappled in purple shaving scars. So lovely. I have two random cuts on the back of my left thumb, and an assortment of scratches on my knuckles from making the bed.

Domestic activities leave the worst scars, I've found...
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I took a pan out of the oven and forgot to use an oven mitt and couldn't just drop it because it was glass It really hurt
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Options
    I took a pan out of the oven and forgot to use an oven mitt and couldn't just drop it because it was glass It really hurt

Oh man, are you ok??! I've been there though...more than once!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

Oh man, are you ok??! I've been there though...more than once!

It happened the day of my Christmas Party my poor sister-in-law had to come early and finish up everything for me Thank goodness i had some ST37 for the burns my fingers never got blisters because it got it on my fingers quick that stuff is a miracle
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The best ones are the mystery injuries--where you just wake up with a bruise or a scrape and have no idea how you got it. ( No alcohol involved either. )
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I injure myself in silly ways all the time! My best one is probably the time I sprained my foot swatting a fly. It was on the ceiling and I jumped up to swat it. Somehow I managed to not jump straight up and down and landed about two feet back from where I started which happened to be on top of a pair of shoes sitting near the door. I twisted the foot some weird way and I ended up with a sprain! The doctor in the urgent care actually laughed at me when I told her what happened.
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    I dislocated a rib from walking too much....never thought that was possible.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Options
    The best ones are the mystery injuries--where you just wake up with a bruise or a scrape and have no idea how you got it. ( No alcohol involved either. )

I woke up with a huge bruise on my calf last weekend...had no idea where it came from!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Options
    I injure myself in silly ways all the time! My best one is probably the time I sprained my foot swatting a fly. It was on the ceiling and I jumped up to swat it. Somehow I managed to not jump straight up and down and landed about two feet back from where I started which happened to be on top of a pair of shoes sitting near the door. I twisted the foot some weird way and I ended up with a sprain! The doctor in the urgent care actually laughed at me when I told her what happened.

Sorry! I'm laughing at you now! I did something like that once. I was getting in the shower before school (200 years ago) and the sliding door on the shower fell off the track and severely damaged my neck. I missed a week of school and got some really good pain drugs!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I dislocated a rib from walking too much....never thought that was possible.

Wow.

I once pulled a muscle tying a shoe. I couldn't stand up with out help for days.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I grew up on a go-kart track and in the morning when I was opening up the track, I had to start all the go-karts and bring them for a lap and then park them... Well, I started the go-kart, as I sprang to get in the kart, I kicked the steel frame and split my pinkie toe right under the nailbed.. It was awful!

In 8th grade, I was in industrial tech and we were printing our own paper... I had long hair and I leaned over the machine to see the paper coming out and my hair got sucked in and wound around the gears of the machine. Thankfully, I had the teacher wind the machine back and I was able to pull most of my hair out... I did get a concussion and lost quite a bit of hair!

One other time I split the skin right between my 4th toe and pinkie toe because I somehow got it caught under the leg of the kitchen chair I was sitting on... It all happend so fast.. not sure how I did that one!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    While running a marathon, I tripped over a Japanese Photographer and tore up some cartilage in my knee...and limped thru the last few miles of the marathon.

My fate is to qualify for Boston, run 26 miles and get run over by a bus .2 miles shy of the finish line. :wink:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I once had to take 3 days off work because I tripped over a shoe.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    You know those rollaway trash containers you roll to the curb on trash day? Imagine it filled with acorns and yard debris. As I was rolling it to the curb, it fell on me because it was so heavy and I lost control of it (I'm short and not all that strong). I was trapped for awhile til I managed so wriggle myself free. Got a cracked rib from that. :ohwell:
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I broke my toe rather than kick the dog. It was in the midst of the pre-Hurricane Ike chaos and I was trying to get around the her. She was panicked and wouldn't get out of my way. When I tried to dodge her, I stubbed my toe on the kitchen table. Actually had to have surgery on it. :ohwell:
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Options
    While running a marathon, I tripped over a Japanese Photographer and tore up some cartilage in my knee...and limped thru the last few miles of the marathon.

My fate is to qualify for Boston, run 26 miles and get run over by a bus .2 miles shy of the finish line. :wink:

Haha that would so totally be my fate too!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Options
    You know those rollaway trash containers you roll to the curb on trash day? Imagine it filled with acorns and yard debris. As I was rolling it to the curb, it fell on me because it was so heavy and I lost control of it (I'm short and not all that strong). I was trapped for awhile til I managed so wriggle myself free. Got a cracked rib from that. :ohwell:

I was mowing the yard last year and slipped on some freshly cut clover and busted my a**! I limped around for weeks from the sprain in my butt!
  • celticcat63
    celticcat63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tend to scoot way down to the foot of the bed when I sleep. One morning upon waking I dug my heels into the bed (water bed, this was many many years ago) and pushed up. I had very long hair and was laying on it. This caused my head to be pulled back and I sprained my neck. I phoned my Dr's. office and told them that this morning while in bed I had pulled something in my cervical.... before I could get the word vertabrae out the receptionist began laughing. She couldn't stop long enough to let me finish my sentence for quite sometime.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!! Cervical lol!
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    this one should go in confessions...

I was trimming up down below, using a small set of scissors, I slipped cut the *kitten* and had to scream for my then wife to come save me as there was a lot of blood and I was getting faint imagine "Stand by Me" leach scene, fortunately out was a minor nick but O M G