Sweet potato, carrot and cashew soup!

PPHHrr3344kk00wwtt
PPHHrr3344kk00wwtt Posts: 11
edited September 25 in Recipes
OKKAYYY!!!
For this hearty soup, you will need:
11/2 cartons of vegetable stock (about 8 cups)
4 cups of diced sweet potato (or Yams- which are better for you!)
1 small bag peeled baby carrots (I used bolthouse, I would say it was about 21/2 cups diced)
1/4 cup raw cashews
5 slices of raw ginger
1 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
Tbsp Dill
Tbsp Rosemary
Salt + Pepper

Bring out a BIG pot. On medium heat, put in your olive oil. Dice your cashews, and ginger and put in pot to roast. Begin cutting your sweet potatoes and carrots while it heats, stir to evenly brown. When cashews are browned, pour in veggie stock (it will probably hiss- DO NOT PANIC!) stir and add your carrots and potatoes. cover and let everything get nice and mushy! Add dill, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste - I used about 1 tbsp of each. Makes about 10 good sized bowls with about 90 calories per bowl! Great with hot bread Mmmmm.
Enjoy!

Replies

• cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    90 cals a bowl? i'm game......one question, not really a fan of ginger, is it real strong or does it just hint?
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Thanks sounds yummy. bump
  • AriesOx
    AriesOx Posts: 66
    sounds very yummy :)
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    omg YUM! I am totally gonna make this!!!! THank you!!
  • Just a hint of ginger- But I LOVE ginger, so It could be that I don't taste it as much as others might. The soup would be just as good if you left it out.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Oh wow, I can't wait to make this... it has so many of my favorite foods in one place! Thanks for the recipe.
  • So delicious! Thanks for making it for me!
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    sounds delish, gonna give this a try, thanks for posting. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.