Lost 22lbs since New Year using Zumba - at Goal weight - How

annabellesmile
annabellesmile Posts: 14
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
:flowerforyou: I have used Zumba every day in some form, DVD's and the last week the wii Zumba (20 mins-45 mins). You need to try it as it is the only exercise I have ever stuck to. I hate exercising but I love Zumba. Now at goal 8st 13lbs or 125lbs I need to stay there.

Any advise on what people do long term as it is going to be harder to stay this weight than it was to get to it especially as it is holiday time coming up.

Replies

• karencalleja
    karencalleja Posts: 61 Member
    Wow well done - I agress that it's hard to keep to same weight but I keep on weighting myself, careful what I eat and still exercise. I think it's a life long thing. Good luck :)
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Wow, thats great ....well done
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    I just tried Zumba for the first time last week. It was great fun and reminded me of how I used to move 20 something years ago. I hope to do it again soon.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    First let me say Congrats to you on reaching your goal! I love doing Zumba as well. To maintain at your goal isn't that much different than what you did to get there in the first place. You still need to do some sort of exercise more days than not. Whether it's Zumba or walking or bike riding. Our bodies are meant for movement. We get into trouble when there are too many holidays with wonderful food and not enough moving. You can still enjoy the things you love just remember that you don't need to love quite so much of it!

Maybe you should consider finding a new goal for yourself that isn't related to weight. Try something like a walk or run to raise money for a charity, or to exercise in some form so many hours or miles a week. Perhaps it would be a good idea to try doing some strength exercises so you have more muscle to help burn fat even at rest.

Best of luck to you.

Holly
This discussion has been closed.