hi everyone!

Options
My name is Jessie and I am 29 years old. I am currently in college to earn my associates degree in medical billing & coding.
I decided to take charge of my weight after I went in for a pre-pregnancy consultation and the OB/GYN I spoke to told me that I had to lose weight to have the healthies pregnancy possible. My goal is to get down to at least 200lbs by December, and then keep losing even more weight while building more muscle mass.
Because of a birth defect, I can't walk without a walker, but have found several resources online for cardio exercises using a walker, as well as sitting down exercises.
I hope to get a lot of support, since this is the first time I have been this heavy in my life and I need to get healthy for me and my future baby. Have a nice day!

Replies

• Smiler1968
    Options
    Good luck I hope everything goes to plan. This is by far the best weight loss tool I have ever used.
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. It is a great way to watch what you eat and people here are great. Good luck with your weight loss. :smile:
  • kate1975
    kate1975 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi there, this to is my first time using something like this to loose weight. Forgive me for moaning that I'm to busy to get to the gym as it must be very frustrating not to be able to go. I'm glad you have found ways of working out tho and hope when you start seeing results you will have more confidence. Good luck with everything. X
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome! That's good you are trying to better yourself for the benefit of a future child. It's a win/win situation right there! You found the right community for it too! Don't be shy to add myself and others as friends. Motivation is the hardest part but it's not short around here!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I too have some physical challenges (I have MS) so I have to get creative with exercizes that I can do as well. I joined MFP 10 days ago and I have already lost 4.5 lbs. I have a lot more to loose, but I am determined. Everyone has been great. Very friendly and supportive. You have come to the right place. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Best of luck to you.
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! There are a lot of friendly people here. I'm new and already figured that out! Good luck on your journey! Just keep telling yourself "Yes I can!" :)
  • AnneMelody
    AnneMelody Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to the community, That is exactly what it feels like to me, there is great support here, so good luck,and enjoy the journey, any time you need help, or a boost, just ask, there is always somebody to talk to.
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hey :) welcome! Best of luck with your journey this is a great community!