"WHO's WITH ME"?????

Options
Hello Everyone, My name is Evelyn, you can call me "EVE" for short. I'm 30 years old, I have 1 child, De'Shaun who is 3 years old, and am enlisted in the United States Navy. I was pretty content with my weight prior to joining the military standing at 5"3", 150lbs, but once I joined my weight started "creeping" up - 160/170 became my normal weight as I kept trying to get back down to 150, then I got pregnant with my son and my weight rose to a whoppin over 200lbs,. I couldn't believe it, then hardly none of the weight left, due to it being mainly my fault. I recently got down to about 178lbs due to working hard, eating right, and working out, but then once all that stopped which I shouldn't have, I was back at 190lbs in a matter of a few weeks. Then I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child, I was so happy, but was already at 190lbs so just could imagine how much weight I would gain, but vowed to eat right and workout and also workout after the pregnancy. Unfortunately, the pregnancy ended 9 weeks into it due to a chromosomal problem and I had to have a D&C to end the pregnancy leaving me at about 202lbs and emotionally drained. I've tried pretty much everything, but still I think my motivation lacks and I also lack putting in the work, so those are a few things I plan on changing. So now I stand 190lbs on a journey to get back to a healthy weight with no excuses.... "WHO's WITH ME"????

Replies

• Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hey Eve, I'm with you and will give you all the support and encouragement you need.Feel free to add me to your friends list. We can do this together.
  • ohwhatanight
    Options
    Hi Im new to this, thought yours was a nice post to join in with. Im 41, 5'10" and about a stone over weight. Ive got 4 kids and depression! Im going to a function in May that I need to lose weight for, so Im on dietchef to help me.
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies.... @Angel1066, friend request on the way!!!!
    @Ohwhatanight - Keep your head up honey - One day at a time, One day at a time.
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    Hi! I'm with ya...I've been on the diet roller coaster for most of my life, but now I am on a mission! You can do it, you just have to make that conscious choice...we are all here for ya!!!
  • BigTedd
    BigTedd Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm with you! In fact we are of similar height and build at the moment so probably have the same amount of work to do. I need to lose weight so I can qualify for fertility treatment. I'm a typical yo-yo dieter and struggle so hard to stay committed, especially when I'm stressed (which I am at the moment!). Please feel free to add me as a friend (that goes for anyone looking for mutual support!)
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    You'll love this site. Friend me if you wish and I'll help motivate you.

Sue
  • chasingskinny
    Options
    Girl, I am with you. I was in the Army (where I gained the first 30 lbs of my weight). I am 5'2" and got to a whopping 200 lbs myself. No excuses now. I AM SO WITH YOU!!!
  • Scott_R
    Scott_R Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm with you ! You can do it I started with 200lbs to loose and it seems daunting but you can do it !! add me if you like ! And Thank You for serving our country !
  • BetterJenny
    Options
    I'm with you too!! I've also suffered a loss. I was about 205lbs at that time (7 years ago). I'm now at 304lbs and am currently infertile due to my weight and pcos. I'm not only on a mission to lose at least 100lbs, but to also get myself healthy so that I can start my own family.

Good luck to you!!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Been on the rollercoster too! Been a little better the last few years but am having a hard time "sticking with it" from day to day! Ugh! :mad: Too many excuses! I need some motivation!
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    I'm with you Eve, you can do this, add me if you like. It's a one day at a time journey and all the support you will need is here x
  • getnfitn2011
    Options
    Eve!!! I am with you girl!!!!!!
  • jkq2003
    jkq2003 Posts: 27
    Options
    I am with you. I have not been under 200 in 11 years and my goal is too get under 200 to be at a healthier weight. I have a long journey ahead. I totally understand how a miscarriage can totally drain you. I had one when my daughter was 1 that threw me into postpartum depression and due to this I put on a lot of weight over the last 5 years and I am determined to get the weight off for. My biggest motivation is a cruise in Seprember with my besties and my wonderful husband.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi. You can friend me if you like. I'm 5'2 and my starting wgt was 171. I'm 40 yrs old and menopausal as hell which causes depression sometimes so I can relate, but you can do this, you've come to the right place. Just take it slow and steady and with all the support you're gonna find, you can definitely rock this! Welcome to the site!:happy:
  • MsScorpio67
    MsScorpio67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Eve I'm definately with you. We all need encouragment and support. I really feel it on this site. I'm so happy a friend suggested this site to me. So I got ya back.