grocery list

Options
Laine
Laine Posts: 82 Member
Hey all-I'm making up my grocery list for next week. Any suggestions for what to put on it? I just started (restarted), and need ideas from all you successes!!! my biggest troubles are snacks and lunches--I have been going over on protein almost every day. Thanks! Have a good day!

Replies

• Laine
    Options
    Hey all-I'm making up my grocery list for next week. Any suggestions for what to put on it? I just started (restarted), and need ideas from all you successes!!! my biggest troubles are snacks and lunches--I have been going over on protein almost every day. Thanks! Have a good day!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I just went grocery shopping and stocked up on fresh fruit. It seems like all the fruit is at a really great price right now. One of our favorite snacks is frozen grapes. They take FOREVER to eat, so you feel like you're eating a lot, but it's only about 100 cals in a cup. Pineapple is also a good treat. It's so sweet, so you don't feel like you need a whole lot, and I got a whole pineapple today for $1. I just have to cut it up myself. Of course veggies are always a good snack too. I eat a lot of green peppers with hummus or fat free ranch.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just went grocery shopping and stocked up on fresh fruit. It seems like all the fruit is at a really great price right now. One of our favorite snacks is frozen grapes. They take FOREVER to eat, so you feel like you're eating a lot, but it's only about 100 cals in a cup. Pineapple is also a good treat. It's so sweet, so you don't feel like you need a whole lot, and I got a whole pineapple today for $1. I just have to cut it up myself. Of course veggies are always a good snack too. I eat a lot of green peppers with hummus or fat free ranch.

What kind of hummus you buy? I want to give that a try. I also went grocery shopping yesterday and bought veggies, fruits, low fat cheeses, low carb/low fat tortillas. A good lunch/snack could be some low fat cheese and low sodium deli meat rolled up in a low carb/whole wheat tortillas. Also quesadillas with the same tortillas and low fat cheese. I like tuna for lunch with fat free mayo or fat free ranch or mustard. I eat it with veggies or make a sandwich with whole wheat bread. I like Mrs Bairds double fiber bread. I also love a double fiber english muffin with a tbsp of natural peanut butter :flowerforyou:
  • Laine
    Options
    thanks alot for your help--I draw a blank sometimes, its nice to have new ideas!:flowerforyou:
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    fiber one and kashi bars are a great snack. kashi is prolly the healthiest granola bar out there. they use all natural whole grains. natural peanut butter (the kind that has only peanuts and salt as ingredients) is great. dannon light n fit yogurt is amazing! only 60 calories and very yummy and filling. i make smoothies with it or mix in some kashi cereal or granola, or sometimes a handfull of almonds. oh and lots of fruits and veggies! (strawberries are my all time fav!)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Here are some of the things that I always get:

baby carrots
    cucumber
    apples
    bananas
    pineapple
    strawberries
    raspberries
    grapes
    Kashi Soft-baked TLC bars
    Quacker Chocolate granola bites
    Ground Turkey
    Chicken
    Tilapia
    Single size Tuna in water
    Turkey lunch meat
    Whole Wheat Pasta
    Wild Rice
    Almonds
    Rice Cakes...I love the Multigrain ones
    Multigrain Cheerios
    Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    2% Milk String Cheese

Hopefully this gives you a few ideas!:flowerforyou:
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    that's a lot of the same stuff i get too
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....fresh asparagus is GREAT if you grill it with a little EVOO and salt and pepper! Just another thought!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options

What kind of hummus you buy? I want to give that a try. I also went grocery shopping yesterday and bought veggies, fruits, low fat cheeses, low carb/low fat tortillas. A good lunch/snack could be some low fat cheese and low sodium deli meat rolled up in a low carb/whole wheat tortillas. Also quesadillas with the same tortillas and low fat cheese. I like tuna for lunch with fat free mayo or fat free ranch or mustard. I eat it with veggies or make a sandwich with whole wheat bread. I like Mrs Bairds double fiber bread. I also love a double fiber english muffin with a tbsp of natural peanut butter :flowerforyou:

I usually buy roasted red pepper or jalapeno. It adds a little kick, and that way, I can't eat very much!!! My mouth is on fire!