How do you get rid of Flabby Thighs?

Options

Replies

• bigmamma56
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the tips....thats what I love about this site..the instant support and motivation to keep me going... I am 55 by the way and no spring chicken.......now while I am waiting for my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD to arrive I am going to go and run up and down my stairs!:laugh:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Yes.... the dreaded orange peel Cellulite... Don't get me started on cellulite... thats another problem altogether!!!

Made my cellulite decrease by 90%,No joking.
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Running used to be the only cardio I did. However, I found that once I started taking a spin class I noticed a tremendous difference in my hips and thighs. It REALLY trimmed me down!
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    No such thing as spot reduction.
    Just get regular exercise (Cardio + Resistance training), watch calories and keep your Fat/Carbs/Protein at respective levels.
  • SparklyPinkTutu
    Options
    No clue!!!!!! I'm sad..... I've been trying for months to reduce my inner thighs and I just can't do it!!!!!! No more than 1000 calories a day, but no counting fruit and veggies!!!!! Also, don't let anything that say 0g trans fat fool you!!!!! Trans fat is NOT important!!!!! Saturated fat is the culprit!!!!!! And low carb consumption helps!!!!!!!
  • heinrichs21
    heinrichs21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Mine looked good when I waited tables... speed walking while carrying things? I don't want to wait tables again, but I would like those legs back...
  • Jenn81
    Jenn81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just get regular exercise (Cardio + Resistance training), watch calories and keep your Fat/Carbs/Protein at respective levels.

Thats what my trainer said as well. also side lunges
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've been doing games (EA Active Sports on the Playstation) and videos that have a lot of squats and lunges since late January, and running starting with the C25K program since late December. My legs have never been tighter, even as a skinny teenager. :heart:

That was my post over a year ago. I want to change my answer to my standard answer of low calorie deficit, aiming for no more than a half pound a week loss, plus regular exercise including HEAVY strength training. I'm still running, but adding lifting made a HUGE difference.

The first picture was taken around the time I made the above post. The second was around the time I started strength training. The last was two days ago... and I weigh more in the third picture than the second.

butt-update-may.jpg
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    bump
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges with weights.

I would go with this, but you also have to be in a caloric deficit to lose the fat over the muscle.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Squats. Squats. Squats.
    Weighted Squats.
    Pulsing Squats.
    One leg Squats.
    Pistol Squats.
    Sumo Squats.
    Box Squats.
    Power Squats

Lunges. Lunges. Lunges.
    Weighted Lunges.
    Jumping Lunges.

Speed walking.
    Biking. (biking works front of the thighs)
    Running. (Running works calves a lot, and outer thighs)
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    To build more muscle in your thighs, which will reduce the flabbiness, you need to do squats, lunges, leg curls and leg extensions. I have recently incorporated barbell/dumbbell step-ups as well. I am so glad that my thighs don't overlap each other anymore when I walk. :laugh:
  • gomezgirl76
    gomezgirl76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I need help in this area too!!!! I read this post once that said:

"As I was running...I heard a crowd cheering me on...come to find out....it was my inner thighs clapping together!!!" OMG!!!!:laugh:

Im doing squats...lunges....stairs.....trying it all!!!!!!
  • jeni27
    jeni27 Posts: 17
    Options
    On YouTube there is a videa called pop Pilates inner thigh insanity iv only done it a few times but a girl on my freinds list said that her thighs got an inch smaller in 2 weeks so it worth a bash
  • Emilit_uk
    Emilit_uk Posts: 87
    Options
    Run, run run, Pilates to make legs look longer and leaner, and plenty of squats and lunges. I used to hate my legs because I thought my thighs were bulky, but since I started running I love that they're not skinny because I have muscle there and it makes them stronger and faster. You might never be able to make your legs super slim, but you can definately work on what you have to create something even better than that!
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Thank you...all takes time, I notice that the place that needs the most work is the last place to change....but i know with perserverance I will be able to change my ENTIRE BODY, not just certain areas!
  • Funshinerika
    Options
    Thighs have always been my trouble area. It's strange that my stomach will be the first to go down with my weight but hips and thighs hold on to my fat for dear life! I've lost weight before but I swear my legs are much firmer now than they were a couple years ago at about the same weight.
    I've noticed a huge difference since doing zumba regularly (my instructor uses hips and legs A LOT more than others I've been to), using the gazelle edge trainer http://www.target.com/p/Tony-Little-Gazelle-Edge-Fitness-System/-/A-522592
    PLUS bicycling and walking.
    I did complete Jillian Michaels 30 day shred the beginning of the year as well.

For the most part, I agree with the replies on here so far. Lunges, squats, etc. Whatever you can do to build some muscle. My legs got larger at first but now they are slimming down better than ever before!
    GOOD LUCK! :)
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Over the last 7 months I lost a total of 16 inches in my thighs (8 in each thigh). My thighs started out at 28 inches each and are now 20 inches each! They started out at the size of my waist now (ewww). I hated them and never wore shorts. Now I proudly wear shorts and have extra room in my thighs when I wear my dress pants which never happened before. The only downside to smaller thighs is you lose everything you put in your lap. I always set stuff in my lap, phone keys etc and now it falls thru..haha!!

What I did is below - it may not work for everyone but it worked for me!! I hope this helps.

1. Eat clean, stay away from anything processed. I cook from scratch and eat a ton of fruits and veges.
    2. Weighted lunges and weighted squats - alot of them and then more.
    3. 200 Squat app on my Iphone (daily) - these aren't weighted but it is a fun app to do in your 15 minute breaks at work
    4. Run, Run and Run some more (3-4x per week) - started with C25K and now do run/jog intervals on the treadmill to increase my speed - first 5k tomorrow..woot woot!!
    5. Lift weights 3x per week
    6. Eliminate soda and fast food (I know this falls in line item 1. but wanted to list it also since it was a huge player in my loss).
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You get rid of flabby everything the same way. You can't spot burn. Just overall keep active and remain in a calorie deficit.