I'm Happy to Meet You.

VanGreer
VanGreer Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. My name is VanGreer. I joined this site out of necessity. I was a member of another calorie counting site, but it just disappeared on me. I haven''t been able to access it for, at least, 36 hours. I know that doesn't sound like a long time, but I needed to record, I needed the support.
I have always taken weight loss seriously, been on many programs with success, but I have always gained it back. Well now I have health issues and need to lose weight again.
On 6/16/08 I joined the other site. I was on 1500. I walked. I loss 13 lbs. It took 6 weeks. Now, everything is at a stand still. I can't seem to get the scale to go down any further.
I like this website. It put me on a lower calorie intake, but I love the "dangling carrot," "Do more, eat more." I am hoping this will help.
I plan on taking advantage of all the features on this site. I, also, hope to make some new friends.

Replies

• Hello everyone. My name is VanGreer. I joined this site out of necessity. I was a member of another calorie counting site, but it just disappeared on me. I haven''t been able to access it for, at least, 36 hours. I know that doesn't sound like a long time, but I needed to record, I needed the support.
    I have always taken weight loss seriously, been on many programs with success, but I have always gained it back. Well now I have health issues and need to lose weight again.
    On 6/16/08 I joined the other site. I was on 1500. I walked. I loss 13 lbs. It took 6 weeks. Now, everything is at a stand still. I can't seem to get the scale to go down any further.
    I like this website. It put me on a lower calorie intake, but I love the "dangling carrot," "Do more, eat more." I am hoping this will help.
    I plan on taking advantage of all the features on this site. I, also, hope to make some new friends.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Well hello and welcome! It's nice to have you here.:flowerforyou:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome and remember at 2 lbs a week it adds up to 52 lbs in 26 weeks or 6 months or 104 lbs in 1 year I have been here for almost 7 months, it's wonderful :wink:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success :drinker:
  • ness
    ness Posts: 1
    Hi guys! My name's Ness and I am overweight. I need to lose weight because I am in the military and we are going to have a physical readiness test soon. I've heard about this site from a coworker, and she said this site was awesome. I look forward to losing the weight with all y'all! Have a great day!:wink:
  • Dmprbst
    Dmprbst Posts: 45 Member
    Hi guys! My name's Ness and I am overweight. I need to lose weight because I am in the military and we are going to have a physical readiness test soon. I've heard about this site from a coworker, and she said this site was awesome. I look forward to losing the weight with all y'all! Have a great day!:wink:
    Welcome I hope you reach your goal with lots of help from us....Have a great weekend :happy:
This discussion has been closed.